• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A Level General Paper Important?????

Reaction score
IS A LEVEL GENERAL PAPER REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION TO UNIVERSITIES?????
DOES IT HAVE ANY CREDITS??

Reaction score
General paper has 1/2 credits...in many universities you need to show that you have taken english in high school so in many cases it is required

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
really???? i have heard it's not necessary to take english for A levels!!!

Reaction score
95% of time its doesn't helps you in University admissions. But you may keep it because it really helps you to enhance your writing skills. It will help you in the writing section of SAT and in the college essays later when applying in universities. So it won't be bad to keep it as an additional subject. :)

Reaction score
it depends on which county you apply t00. In my nation we need to show that we have taken English in high schools for getting into in any university.If you get "C" or above General Paper ILTS is not required

Reaction score
So it means GP is a GOOD subject not an IMPORTANT subject... like it doesnt really matter if u take it or not....

Reaction score
Yeah! It doesn't. English proficiency is shown by Olevel's english. Some universities in their conditional offer degrade GP so much so tat they ask for 3Bs or whatever EXCLUDING general paper. So it really doesn't matter. :)

Reaction score
I got an A* in IGCSE English, does that mean I can drop GP if I want, because my current plans for uni are in Pak.

Reaction score
I want to apply to universities in USA. Do you think I should do TOEFL or General paper/ English Language of A levels