• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounting nov 2012

Reaction score
What was the balance of the cashbook and whats was the balance of the bank reconciliation statement was they the same number?!!!..Q3

Reaction score
Guys what did your trial balance, balance? I had to create a suspence of 1200, but I'm not sure if we put opening or closing stock in the trial balance?

Reaction score
Actually the answers of the effect table on working capital was: No change, decrease, no change, increase

Reaction score
Well, the first answer was to prepare financial statement.
And about the cashbook balance, I got that balance too, but the bank reconciliation cashbook balance was 4090!!!!!!!! I don't how the hell it came but I just did it.
And sorry would you please remind me of the third choice you are asking about?

Reaction score
The cash sales was supposed to be recorded in the cashbook because he said that at the end of each month he puts all his cash receipts in the bank account so i think the balance was 4090 for both reconciliation and the main cashbook!!

Reaction score
Well, I didn't read that at all :(
So, yeah the balance should be 4090, and I think if the balance of the cashbook doesn't agree with the reconciliation, 2 marks are deducted from the reconciliation question . GOD!

I have a silly question, in the purchases account, he purchased on credit from bruton, then he paid bruton the amount by cheque, the two entries are recorded in the debit side of the purchases acocunt, is that right?

Reaction score
I got the bank reconcilation answer correct but my cashbook was a different balance. How many marks do you think I will lose?

Reaction score
what about the 8th question in the MCQs that was about mark-up or margin, I don't really remember it but it was something like 'profit added to the cost of sales'