• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounts; Economics; Business; Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Assalam-o-Allaikum ,

Well as the topic says help for Accounts, Eco & Business is available here that means that u can ask ask any question regarding any particular topic or ask abt any questions from Past paper or any of your text books.

I made this topic so that people dont make many posts asking abt Accounts, Eco & Business individually but they can post their reply here where it can be answered with ease and the members wont have to go searching for topics to help!

So what are u waiting for now write ur questions here ! :)

For Notes
I have posted sum notes and more notes are also there check this thread from first page till 8th page :)

and still more notes http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/o-level-notes-center.11138/ check here :D

hope this helps :)

Reaction score
Re: Accounts, Eco & Business: Post your doubts here!

i am givin these three papers next session,, plz guide me that how to manage my studies,, mentioning that i am studying on my own..,, help me with a study plan,, that what to start from ( like book reading) and what to include,, when to do past papers,, ho to finalize
plz help fast i am desperate

Reaction score

AreebaKausar said:
i am givin these three papers next session,, plz guide me that how to manage my studies,, mentioning that i am studying on my own..,, help me with a study plan,, that what to start from ( like book reading) and what to include,, when to do past papers,, ho to finalize
I can help u with accounts! if u have any query do post it here! :)
Yes start solving the past papers!
Buy 30 years past papers book!

Reaction score

AreebaKausar said:
The main in Economics is that your concepts should be clear of every topic I would suggest you to use. A Complete Course, this edition has been completely updated and revised to carefully match both the CIE IGCSE and O Level syllabuses with new case-studies from across the globe.
Author: Dan Moynihan & Brian Titley Here:http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/education/international/igcse/economics/9780199151349.do
First go through the Book try to understand when you are done Practise Unsolved Past papers,go through Mark Schemes and Examiner Report.
1 or 1.5 hour a Day is enough for Economics :)

For Business Studies its almost the same u can use this book IGCSE Study Guide for Business Studies CIE Endorsed
Author: Borrington, K. and Stimpson, P. Practise Unsolved past papers,and try to clear your concepts :)

Reaction score
plzzz can somebody upload notes regarding single entry, accounting ratios and manufacturing accountss.....!!!

Reaction score
what are the differences between direct n indirect taxes with examles ? :roll:

Reaction score
safwath said:
A direct tax is a tax levied on a person's or a firm's income or wealth,and the person or firm responsible for paying the tax to bear the burden of the tax.For example a direct tax include income tax,corporate tax.
An indirect tax is a tax levied of consumer's expenditure on good and services.Examples include Value Added Tax(V A T),and other sales taxes that are levied as a percentage of the selling of price of a good or service.

Reaction score
Waleed007 said:
safwath said:
A direct tax is a tax levied on a person's or a firm's income or wealth,and the person or firm responsible for paying the tax to bear the burden of the tax.For example a direct tax include income tax,corporate tax.
An indirect tax is a tax levied of consumer's expenditure on good and services.Examples include Value Added Tax(V A T),and other sales taxes that are levied as a percentage of the selling of price of a good or service.
I'll like to add one more point... in indirect tax the tax burden can be shifted onto others (like if a indirect tax of $6 is placed onto the producer, the producer can make the consumers pay a part of it, say $5 and pay only $1 himself, i.e. shifting the burden. Obviously how much of burden can be shifted depends in the price elasticity of demand)

Reaction score
i do have a question i was just goin thrugh a mock paper...........
the question stated:
company salesturnover($m) capital employed($m) workers employed

x 160 35 1500
y 100 4 2500
z 50 10 700

1. identify and explain any 2 reasons why more people are employed in company y while the sales turnover is less compared to company z?

2. company z has not extended its operations in recent years. now managment is thinking over expansion plan. identify 3 factors z shuld considr before taking such decision and explain why each factor ix important?

Reaction score
ghaniahareem said:
i do have a question i was just goin thrugh a mock paper...........
the question stated:
company salesturnover($m) capital employed($m) workers employed

x 160 35 1500
y 100 4 2500
z 50 10 700

1. identify and explain any 2 reasons why more people are employed in company y while the sales turnover is less compared to company z?

2. company z has not extended its operations in recent years. now managment is thinking over expansion plan. identify 3 factors z shuld considr before taking such decision and explain why each factor ix important?

it ix a bizz question

Reaction score
Hey I need economics notes of some good teacher. please help and does anyone know where notes are available in karachi?? I am too worried for the exams in mj2012 :Search:

Reaction score
hEy i am new To eco I am planning to give eco in may june 2012 is there enough time to prepare for eco from 1st jan to 8th maY!!!!! pls help wat should i do and how should i manage my time and ofcourse name a gud eco teacher in Karachi!!!!!!!!!! waiting for ur help..............

Reaction score
pakiboy said:
hEy i am new To eco I am planning to give eco in may june 2012 is there enough time to prepare for eco from 1st jan to 8th maY!!!!! pls help wat should i do and how should i manage my time and ofcourse name a gud eco teacher in Karachi!!!!!!!!!! waiting for ur help..............
I m also doing the same thing!
Well I m going to read the book and then solve the past papers. Go according to syllabus and give 1 hour to ECO daily!