• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Actuarial Sciences!

Reaction score
I am doing Alevels and have the following subjects:
Further maths
Economics
Accl. Maths
Physics
if I want to do actuarial science from Uk or australia on scholarship what things should i need to do, in order to have higher chances of getting scholarship?
I want a clear road map !
My olevel grades were 5A* 3A........
Reply asap!

Reaction score
Scholarship depends upon many factors, you really have to do something extra ordinary to get it.
Try searching for universities that offer scholarship and the requirements for to avail them.

Reaction score
Oh, so it's about the options. Well then, Maths and Further Maths wouldn't count as two different subjects by the good universities. So OP might as well choose another subject.
but why giving tough subjects like further gives u no credit? :mad:

Reaction score
but why giving tough subjects like further gives u no credit? :mad:

Further Maths is Maths itself, deeper and more complex. But it is basically Maths. When I talked to an LSE representative here, he explained that to me.

Reaction score
One more thing. For Actuarial Science, you will NEED Further Maths. So, it really doesn't add anything new to your rainbow of knowledge, something which might give you an advantage when applying for scholarships.

Reaction score
Further Maths is Maths itself, deeper and more complex. But it is basically Maths. When I talked to an LSE representative here, he explained that to me.
wat about australia?
university of melbourne says they need 4As in gce Alevels to be considered for scholarship but havnt specified any subjects! I hpe they consider further maths a different subject!

Reaction score
To become an actuary you need to pass exams of society of actuaries in the relevant country to obtain license. Start off with a basic degree in economics(preferred) or mathematics first

Reaction score
what if they have a seperate course for actuary and they dont require any of the exam!!!!

Reaction score
wat about australia?
university of melbourne says they need 4As in gce Alevels to be considered for scholarship but havnt specified any subjects! I hpe they consider further maths a different subject!

Think of it from the point of view of the admissions tutor.
I'd still advise you to take another subject.

Reaction score
As according to zohaib the thing which is most important for admissions is the grades in 3 traditional subjects so why take an other subject and waste time if it won't get credit!!!!!

Reaction score
As according to zohaib the thing which is most important for admissions is the grades in 3 traditional subjects so why take an other subject and waste time if it won't get credit!!!!!

wat about australia?

1) You said yourself, 4 AS.
2) I'll explain another way. Just like for SAT, Maths level 1 and Maths level 2 are not counted as two different subjects, FM is just an advanced level of the traditional Maths course.

I think it's clear enough. The rest is your choice. I'm just trying to help.
Anyway, these days you don't do anything and people get angry, nevertheless.