• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AL Math suggestion needed

Do you think AL Math prep can be done in 4 months?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Do you think it is possible to do complete preparation for AL Math in four months and get a good grade?
(Only Math as a subject with no other AL subjects.And four papers for math that is paper 1,4,3,6)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do you think it is possible to do complete preparation for AL Math in four months and get a good grade?
(Only Math as a subject with no other AL subjects.And four papers for math that is paper 1,4,3,6)
I don't take Maths AL but
Math is mainly about the formulas and practice so I guess ya u can if u get the concept quickly and able to be doing maths ONLY , during the four months

Reaction score
Everything is possible. If you are determined to take the subject, it'll be no problem. A Levels maths is all about practicing past papers. 4 Months is a sufficient time for a single subject. I have seen people, preparing for this subject in just 3/4 months along with some other subjects and getting A*. If you want to master this subject, just go through the concepts in just about a month. After going through the concepts, straight away dive into the past papers. There's no good preparation than doing past papers. If you have done AS physics, paper 4 for this subject is done! So basically, it's not difficult. It depends on your determination, and interest in this subject.

Reaction score
Everything is possible. If you are determined to take the subject, it'll be no problem. A Levels maths is all about practicing past papers. 4 Months is a sufficient time for a single subject. I have seen people, preparing for this subject in just 3/4 months along with some other subjects and getting A*. If you want to master this subject, just go through the concepts in just about a month. After going through the concepts, straight away dive into the past papers. There's no good preparation than doing past papers. If you have done AS physics, paper 4 for this subject is done! So basically, it's not difficult. It depends on your determination, and interest in this subject.
what if taking AL chem along with it? :3

Reaction score
YES YES YES YES YES BIG YESS!!
Math is the easiest thing on earth! Like really practice 2 papers and you will start getting full marks! Just know the concept!
And you are so intelligent mashallh am 100% sure you will end up with an A* inshallah ^.^

Reaction score
what if taking AL chem along with it? :3
Nope
If u r planning to take maths u should make sure u don't take it with any distraction in form of subjects cuz after two weeks of trying u'll either drop maths or chem
its hard to study anything beside maths honestly

Reaction score
I think composite would be a bit of a stretch and having givn it will put you into a lot of stress.
Besides it depends on what Math you had in o levels
Did u have add maths?

Reaction score
I don't take Maths AL but
Math is mainly about the formulas and practice so I guess ya u can if u get the concept quickly and able to be doing maths ONLY , during the four months
I was in doubt whether you take Math or not.:p It doesn't hurt to tag so I did. :D
Yes,In sha Allah. :) Thanks for replying!

Reaction score
In sha Allah! Wow that is great that people got A* even with other subjects!
I'm asking this for a friend.Just one question in MY mind.Do you think ONE month is enough for studying?
Say prep starts from 15th June 2016 to whenever the exams are.There are almost 4 months.
I definitely agree on what you said about past papers!Thanks for replying!

Reaction score
YES YES YES YES YES BIG YESS!!
Math is the easiest thing on earth! Like really practice 2 papers and you will start getting full marks! Just know the concept!
And you are so intelligent mashallh am 100% sure you will end up with an A* inshallah ^.^
Thanks for such a positive and motivating reply!:X3:Haha for you it is easy.Not for me. :p I actually HATE Math. Anum96 I will repeat so that you hear me.I hate Math. :LOL:
Anyway I was asking for a friend and I'm very happy to see the positive response. :D In sha Allah she'll get A*.Thank you so much!
By the way what papers did you take for Math this year? P1 and P4?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think composite would be a bit of a stretch and having givn it will put you into a lot of stress.
Besides it depends on what Math you had in o levels
Did u have add maths?
For OL it was plain IGCSE Math.No add Math.
So you think giving complete AL is possible.With 4 months of pure prep for AL Math to get a good grade?

Reaction score
n im even doing A2 phy n AICT ..n SAT 1 and SAT 2 :p
All in O/N 2016?
In sha Allah SATs won't be a big problem hopefully.
I think for SAT1 you'll find English (vocabulary in specific) a bit tough and annoying.
For SAT 2 what subjects did you say you were giving? Physics,Math and...? You need to know AS Maths for Math Subject test.
Ask someone I don't know much about SAT.I think AS Math only not A2 also. :3
You'll do well in those,get the right resources and work in the summer.

Reaction score
I appreciate all of you who take Math.I salute you.:rolleyes:

By the way please tag any other members you know who take Math AL or have taken it.Please and thank you!:X3:

Reaction score
To be very honest i only studied for 2 months and got an A. So if you have 4 months and you practice a lot then you might as well get a distinction. Without any exaggeration :)