• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology

Reaction score
can sbd plz me out

my Q is abt plant respiration. i know dat plants repire using their stomata . i also know dat these stomata are closed during night time . so HOW dO pLAnts reSpiRe durin' night time?

Reaction score
why is it that plant control global warming when they take in the oxygen(which they released during day) during respiration and give out carbon dioxide?

Reaction score
They do not control. They just 'tend' to minimize it. Overall plants release more Oxygen as a waste product of photolysis during the light dependent reactions than they use. And store more Carbon as carbon compounds.

Reaction score
Not leading to. Contributing to. Due to a loss of intake and conversion of carbon dioxide. As well as a lack of transpiration as a source of moist air for rainfall. Carbon Dioxide is not the only cause of Global Warming. So, deforestation only contributes to it.