• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Business studies AS level

Reaction score
i just came back....it was good, not brilliant. section A was great but section B...i did 20 marks question so i dno :S

Reaction score
I just came back too. The overall paper was good, easy! Section A was easier than section B though. I did the break-even analysis question.

Reaction score
me too i did the BEA question lol i was not sure if i should do it coz i was like 20 marks? :S

Reaction score
YES it WAS one of the easiest! silly mistakes have to find their way through though -_-

Reaction score
y
me too i did the BEA question lol i was not sure if i should do it coz i was like 20 marks? :S
yeah it was for 20 marks; all questions are though. except the other two have two parts 12 and 8 marks, this is the only difference.

Reaction score
mistakeS! the recruitment thingy, and i mixed between VC and sales revenue in the break-even analysis diagram. oh well.

Reaction score
yea but the point is like u have 20 marks divided into 2 parts.... that means u have more points to write for each part.
if 1 question is for entire 20 marks....u have to make sure u include ALL points possible in your answer.

Reaction score
mistakeS! the recruitment thingy, and i mixed between VC and sales revenue in the break-even analysis diagram. oh well.
wat were yur answers for the recruitment ?
ndd hw did yu mix it up..i dnt understand...

Reaction score
yea but the point is like u have 20 marks divided into 2 parts.... that means u have more points to write for each part.
if 1 question is for entire 20 marks....u have to make sure u include ALL points possible in your answer.
yeah :/

Reaction score
wat were yur answers for the recruitment ?
ndd hw did yu mix it up..i dnt understand...
in the recruitment i said interviews and some other stupid thing, instead of internal and external. and in the diagram the sales revenue should start from origin and total costs from FC, i did the opposite :s

Reaction score
in the recruitment i said interviews and some other stupid thing, instead of internal and external. and in the diagram the sales revenue should start from origin and total costs from FC, i did the opposite :s
lol it reminded me of a similar mistake i did in IGs :p
hope we all get good grades though inshAllah :D

Reaction score
the papaer was great!
i messed up in the job description question! actually i didnt mess up, i wanted to save it for last so i could think about it clearly..but the time ran out and in the last 20 seconds i wrote Allah only knows what! i hope it was the right answer.. :/
and for the 20 marks i wrote the coorporate businesses' answer. :D in my opinion that was the easiest! BEA was just too long..

Reaction score
I did a silly mistake , I forgot to say the BE shows safety margin SH*T

Economies of scale are the factors that cause the average unit cost of the business to decline due to the increase in scale of operations. These include Purchasing , Marketing , Managerial , Technical and Financial. . Chose any 2 and explain how they are related to a expanding business.

3. Recruitment are Internal and External with brief explanation of each. Job Description and Specification are easy just explain what is in these.

Yeah I did the Break Even Question.

To get 20 marks.

Definition.
Draw a Break Even Chart to support your understanding
Annotate here is the break even on your chart drawm with labeling the lines and axis.
Calculation Method.
Enphesise that no profit or loss being made and BE is in unit " UNITS OF PRODUCTION"

10 advantages and 10 disadvantages.

With a brief explanation of each.