• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Can i get into good universities?

Reaction score
I wanna get into universities like lums nust giki ned etc.
These are my Olevel grades:

Math " A* " 95
Chemistry " A* " ( didnt get % in nov session)
Physics "A" 86
Pak Studies "A"
English "B" 79
Urdu "B" 79
Add Math "B" 77
Commerce "B" 70 -__-
Stats "B"
Islamiyat "B"

A level:

Math (As+A2) A*
Physics (As) "a"
Chemistry (As) "a"
Im a private student
Im also planning to give the SAT in nov and im hoping to get 1900 + ( Pray for me :( )
Soooo... How good are my chances?

Reaction score
Yeah, your grades are good enough. But for LUMS they usually prefer the kids with straight As. Have a good SAT score, & you'll have a direct entry wherever you want! Especially for engineering.

Reaction score
Very sure! Preference is given to students with straight As, but prolly if you try to score really good in their LCAT..? You could have a chance!

Reaction score
^^^Not exactly. You can't be sure that if you get a very good score in LCAT or have a good academic background then your admission is secured. maybe one with a mediocre performance in both gets a chance. Many Lums alumni have told me that the admission process is a very complex one. They are gonna see your whole portfolio. Luck factor is also important. Your a level results matters lot more then O level grades. Its worth a try for any student. But Lums is not the end, try for abroad if possible.

Reaction score
Not at all, people with 6A's in Olevel and 1-2 A's in A level are also in lums...do good in LCAT only,
And please stop misguiding and creating a havoc out of LUMS for ppl who want to apply

Reaction score
You A level matters least there. U need an BBC to get into if you are selected,
So this means, O levels and a good Lcat will make u into LUMS
But since u have only 4 A's in O level, you are unpredictable

Reaction score
well yeah there is no definite criteria to get in lums. recently my friend got into lums with 4 a's in olevel. so u see just remain positive and hope for the best.

Reaction score
plzzz guys help me i am getting worried i have 4 a stars and 2 B's and 1 C in O-level and 2 A's and 1 B in AS and 1990 score in SAT 1 do u guys even think that i can get admission in LUMS I am an Overseas candidate

Reaction score
And is there any difference in A star and A in O level when u are trying to get admission in LUMS? suppose if i have 4 A stars and one student has 6 A's whom will they prefer