• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chem practical problem!!!

Reaction score
1,I have a trouble in making deductions ,for cation and anion tests!
2,I also have trouble in making observations for gases,because i fail to understand for which reaction should i place the litmus papers on the test tube. :? :roll: :(

Reaction score
The Qualitative analysis is given at the back. First fall arrange your test tube in an order which you can work with quickly, don't just put them randomly to mix them up! Secondly, take small amounts of liquids in the test-tubes to get faster results. You only need an approximate volume to the one given in the qst. See the qualitative analysis for the reagent that you are using. For example you are using sodium hydroxide (aq) then see the column of sodium hydroxide(aq) and try to match the colour changed that happened, if any. Thats all that you need to do. Apart from this only practice will help.

Reaction score
i think what u should do is as zohaib said arrange ur thiings.
then u should keep calm
dont just jump onto conslusions
slowly and carefully
take care not to be too slow too!!!
and as u go on writing ur observations , write somewhere next to it the ions u would go for i mean white precipite for Al , Zn and Ca when NaOH is added
i think i am right
anyways
u gotta write it and then strike out as u proceed in the end ur left with the answer!
simple ! :)