• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry difficult past papers questions!

Reaction score
Guys! Upload the questions you can't solve, here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 142
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 109
Reaction score
For the first image,
I1 = 870
I2 = 1800
I3 = 3000
I4 = 3600
I5 = 5800
I6 = 7000
I7 = 13200
there is a gradual increase in successive ionisation energies but there is a huge leap after the 6th ionisaton. That's because the 7th electron is being removed from either a complete shell or an octate.
This means the right element is in group VI
So right answer must be Te .

Reaction score
For the first image,
I1 = 870
I2 = 1800
I3 = 3000
I4 = 3600
I5 = 5800
I6 = 7000
I7 = 13200
there is a gradual increase in successive ionisation energies but there is a huge leap after the 6th ionisaton. That's because the 7th electron is being removed from either a complete shell or an octate.
This means the right element is in group VI
So right answer must be Te .

OK GOT IT! THANKS midha.ch But what about remaining two o_O

Last edited:
Reaction score
Guys! Upload the questions you can't solve, here.

For the 3rd image, is the answer 5 - B?

If yes the reason is that for the each side chain there is 3 double bonds, so to saturate it all you would need 3 moles of Hydrogen. In the question it says ONE of its side chains is converted to bablabla (only has 2 double bonds - 1 double bond less than the original one), so to form that you would need ONE mole of H2.
For the second one they say TWO of the side chains is converted to blablalb (only has 1 double bond - 2 double bonds less than the original one), so to form that you would need TWO TIMES (because you are converting TWO side chains) times 2 (because you need 2 moles of H2 to get rid of those 2 bonds). Hence, if you add all up, to make glycerl trieleostearate you need 1 + 2*2 moles of H2 = 1 +4 = 5 moles of H2.

Reaction score
The equilibrium one is C.
Coz at the start, there are 0.2 mol of H2 and 0.15 mol of I2.
Applying the algebraic method, the number of moles at equilibrium would be:
0.2-x mol of H2, 0.15-x mol of I2 and 2x mol of HI (As per the ratio, 2 moles of HI is produced)
But, the no of moles of HI at equilibrium is given in the question.
It is 0.26 mol. Thus, 2x=0.26 mol, and x=0.13 mol.
Substituting this value of x in the equilibrium moles equation, we get:
H2 = 0.07 mol, I2 = 0.02 mol and HI = 0.26 mol.
Substituting this in the Kc expression, we get the equation as stated in option C.

Tada!

Reaction score
for the second one just count the number of double bonds that are broken and this is the number of hydrogen molecules that are used. c is the answer