• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Complete History Notes, all sections. Based off Sir Asim and Sir Amir Saleem's notes.

Reaction score
Complete Section 1, 2 and most of 3 except foreign relations.

This is a complete collection of ALL past paper 7 and 14 mark questions (excluding some of Section 2's Timeline questions - which don't have set answers anyways). If you pass these notes around, PLEASE mention Sir Asim Rasheed and Sir Amir Saleem!

All points are here, they just need to be developed upon, as most of these are simple statements. If you take these statements, understand them and explain them in your answer and fulfill the level requirements of every question - you'll get full marks. For sure.

Now, in 7 mark questions you need to give any THREE reasons explained. NOT MORE. NOT LESS. AND EXPLAINED. NOT DESCRIBED.

This is a described statement:

The new Enfield cartridges were greased with cow and pig fat which the sepoys were supposed to bite down on and load which they didn't want to do but British made them do it.

THIS is an explained version of the same statement:

The new Enfield cartridges were greased with cow and pig which the sepoys were supposed to bite down on, but neither Hindus nor Muslims wanted it in their mouths for religous reasons but the British officials made them do it. This agitated them as they felt that their religious rights were not being respected by the British and so they rebelled

You NEED to explain each reason. A total of 3 for 7 mark questions, and for 14 marks, identify two sides of the question and give reasons divided between each with MORE points for the side NOT identified in the question with a total of SEVEN reasons along with a conclusion for an easy 14/14 marks.
For example, in the question "Was the withdrawal of Gandhi’s support from the Khilafat Movement the most important reason for its failure? Explain your answer. [14]" one side will be Gandhi's support (which has only 1 points itself) and the rest will be all other factors (around 6 other explained factors)
And in the question " ‘Economic factors were more important than political considerations in the creation of Bangladesh in 1971.’ Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer. [14]" Economic Factors will be one side, the other will be political factors.

I can explain more if you like, but here are the notes anyways. I attended Sir Asim Rasheed's tuiton and sir Amir saleem's crash course in Islamabad, so I have a pretty good understanding of the marking scheme.

Hope I helped .-.

Attachments

• Section 1.docx
    33.8 KB · Views: 853
  • Section 2.docx
    40.3 KB · Views: 673
  • Section 3.docx
    46.2 KB · Views: 731
Reaction score
Thanks a lot man, this is just how my teacher teaches me and these notes are just way too amazing.

I wanted to ask a question ( only the points ) if you could answer it please. I have only 2-3 points in the positive side and 2 in the negative ( 5 points in total ).

"Was the celebration of Day of Deliverance 1939 justified ?" ( 14 )
Positive:
- Bande Matram
- Banning Adhan, killing people for the sacrifice of cows, disturbing muslims in prayers
- School : Wardha Scheme, bowing to Gandhi, Hindu education
Negative;
- Spoiled Hindu Muslim relations forever
- No chance of removing British democratically
- British now became more concerned with the War than the future of the subcontinent, as they had themselves resigned from a gift which British had bestowed upon em. (doubtful)

Can I write more than 4 statements in 4 mark questions?

Well, 4 are enough. But that usually depends upon the type of question. For example Kashmir Issue requires much more than 4 statements.
You should try to include these details about the event / personality :
- Cause ( if any ) or background
- When / Date ( of the event ) ( or a rough time period of the personality )
- What ( was it ?) OR Who
- Result ( mention the aftermaths, and whether it was successful and accepted or not )

Hope it helps ! Please pray for me !

Reaction score
Fooz ( sorry but don't know your real name heeh ;-) ) Is it Faizan or what ?

Do you have similar notes for Islamiat, it would be very helpful. JazakAllah :)

Reaction score
Thanks a lot man, this is just how my teacher teaches me and these notes are just way too amazing.

I wanted to ask a question ( only the points ) if you could answer it please. I have only 2-3 points in the positive side and 2 in the negative ( 5 points in total ).

"Was the celebration of Day of Deliverance 1939 justified ?" ( 14 )
Positive:
- Bande Matram
- Banning Adhan, killing people for the sacrifice of cows, disturbing muslims in prayers
- School : Wardha Scheme, bowing to Gandhi, Hindu education
Negative;
- Spoiled Hindu Muslim relations forever
- No chance of removing British democratically
- British now became more concerned with the War than the future of the subcontinent, as they had themselves resigned from a gift which British had bestowed upon em. (doubtful)

This question is an oddball. Remember, in your level 3 side you can write as many points as you can s'long as there are below 4 (as reaching 4 and above won't net you any extra marks). Since you need a total of 7 points, fulfill the requirement by writing your remaining points in the level 4 side. THIS is the biggest difference between level 4 and level 3, as in level 3 there is a limit to how many points can net you marks, while in level 4 there isn't. Thus, ALWAYS make sure that the side in which you have low points is your level 3 side, and the points where you have more sides is your level 4.
TL;DR: write side with low points first.

Sir Amir Saleem mentioned this, saying as almost no teacher gave more than one point for justifying the day of deliverance. You make up for these by mentioning Congress Tyranny ke points (of which you have looaaads). Hope this helps omfg.

Also, do you have any tips for answering the first two parts of the now compulsary question in section A of the History paper? I always lose marks there ._.

And nope, didn't make notes for Islamiat, since I already had Sir Habib Ur Rehman's notes to study from.

And yes, it's Faizan :3
Hope I helped.

Reaction score
Also, do you have any tips for answering the first two parts of the now compulsary question in section A of the History paper? I always lose marks there ._.
Consult the Nigel Kelly book if you have it, as it aptly illustrates the way in which we have to answer those type of questions. If u do not have it, I can send you the method here instead. ;)

Reaction score
Consult the Nigel Kelly book if you have it, as it aptly illustrates the way in which we have to answer those type of questions. If u do not have it, I can send you the method here instead. ;)

Write here please, couldn't find it Nigel Kelly's book. (And tell me the page number for nigel kelly's book explanation tooo. Doubara check karlounga)

Reaction score
Write here please, couldn't find it Nigel Kelly's book. (And tell me the page number for nigel kelly's book explanation tooo. Doubara check karlounga)
It is in the new edition of Nigel Kelly's book, pg 49, 105 and 196.
Anyhow, here's how to do them:
(a) In this part, we are given a written/text source, which is mostly the saying or words of someone. The question is of 3 marks, and is as simple as writing 3 lines of fact to be taken from that source. For example, the source is taken from Quaid-e-Azam's speech, and the question requires you to tell what he was saying to ______. So we just take 3 or ,to be on the safe side, 4 things from that source which tell what he was saying and write them in your own words.

The_hanging_of_two_participants_in_the_Indian_Rebellion_of_1857..jpg
(b) A picture source is given. The question is of 5 marks. Basically, we have to infer from the picture, which means we have to extract meaningful things. E.g the picture is of Indians being hanged after War of Independence. Q is 'According to Source B, what were British attitudes towards the Uprising. If we just mentioned 'It tells us that they thought they should hang Indians who fought them', this is not the right answer. We have to infer that "It tells us that the British had no sympathy towards the Indians who fought against them and that they should be used to make an example of so that the rest of Indians knew not to resist the British". Then we also have to support it: "I can tell this because these Indians were not just being hanged, but they are being hanged in public". I hope this was helpful for you. !!! :D

P.S The above answer was taken from Nigel Kelly book.
P.P.S I have attached the specimen paper and marking scheme for 2015 to clear any confusion that still remains. ;)

Attachments

• 145840-2015-specimen-paper-1.pdf
    173.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 145812-2015-specimen-paper-1-mark-scheme.pdf
    175.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Reaction score
what will be the answer if this question, I think its important.

How far has the UN been effective in meeting its objective of preserving international peace n security during recent years?

Reaction score
Faizan.
I am too lazy to read the whole Nigel Kelly book to get grasp on syllabus. is it good enough to read your notes thoroughly?
and do the guess papers work? I live in abroad so I have no idea.

Reaction score
Faizan.
I am too lazy to read the whole Nigel Kelly book to get grasp on syllabus. is it good enough to read your notes thoroughly?
and do the guess papers work? I live in abroad so I have no idea.
Provided you remember all the points I've given, you can pretty much guarantee yourself a good grade on all section 1 questions, most section 2 questions and almost all of section 3 except International Relations (hit the books m8.)

However, READ section 2 once. You need to have a general idea of each event and in the years in which they occurred. Make sure you're able to list every major event that happened between 1905-1947. And my notes have some errors. (Like the year of the lucknow pact is 1916, not 1906) so take care.

what will be the answer if this question, I think its important.

How far has the UN been effective in meeting its objective of preserving international peace n security during recent years?

Ehhh, I really have no idea. I have my paper kal and I'm currently doing pakistan in world organizations wala question...

Reaction score
So how should i prepare my section 1 and 2 as my exsm is going to be held this week??

Reaction score
So how should i prepare my section 1 and 2 as my exsm is going to be held this week??

If you have the right amount of knowledge on the subject that you have accumulated at school. I recommend that you read the book and the notes above, hand in hand as it will give you an Idea about what happened and the important points you have to remember from the context e.g successes and failures of an event or a personality/group.

Reaction score
does anyone have history and culture of pakistan by nigel kelly ebook/pdf?

Reaction score
can you guide me of writing answer of geography six marks question in which two statements are given