• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Dual National conversion for A levels!

Reaction score
Im a dual national living in Pak. I've done GCSE from UK and A levels from Pak. It said on my GCSE Equivalence Certificate that 'a dual/Pakistani student passing O levels from Abroad and A levels from Pak must also pass urdu,isl and Pak studies too!
BUT alot of people said Dual nationals DONT!
AND
the IBCC website has a doc CLEARLY stating :

Consequent upon its consideration in 11th Inter Provincial Education Ministers’ Conference held on January 22, 2007 at Islamabad, following decision has been made:
i) Exemption of Compulsory subjects namely Islamiyat, Urdu and Pakistan Studies to Pakistani origin dual nationality holder students Passing GCE ‘O’ Level or Equivalent Foreign qualification from Schools based in Pakistan.
i) The students having dual nationality will be treated at par with foreign nationals for grant of Equivalence Certificates by the IBCC.
NOW WHAT? :confused:
Which one is right ? Its UNFAIR that i have to do those 3 subjects man Im already repeating A2 :p

Reaction score
Im a dual national living in Pak. I've done GCSE from UK and A levels from Pak. It said on my GCSE Equivalence Certificate that 'a dual/Pakistani student passing O levels from Abroad and A levels from Pak must also pass urdu,isl and Pak studies too!
AND

Consequent upon its consideration in 11th Inter Provincial Education Ministers’ Conference held on January 22, 2007 at Islamabad, following decision has been made:
i)Exemption of Compulsory subjects namely Islamiyat, Urdu and Pakistan Studies to Pakistani origin dual nationality holder students Passing GCE ‘O’ Level or Equivalent Foreign qualification from Schools based in Pakistan.
i)The students having dual nationality will be treated at par with foreign nationals for grant of Equivalence Certificates by the IBCC.
Which one is right ? Its UNFAIR that i have to do those 3 subjects man Im already repeating A2 :p

They have made it necessary for us to give these threee subjects to get admission in any university in Pakistan.
I had to give these three while doing A-levels just to get them in the certificate so they consider me for the admission.

Reaction score
but why does it say all this on their website and i even called them up last year they said you dont need them =/

Reaction score
And i called them up AGAIN they keep saying you dont need them BUT if they create a problem It's their fault huh
I NOT 'wasting' time on those 3 subjects man i already got my GCSE conversion done now

Reaction score
They have made it necessary for us to give these threee subjects to get admission in any university in Pakistan.
I had to give these three while doing A-levels just to get them in the certificate so they consider me for the admission.
And my friend said that you dont need them if you apply on foreign seat is it true?

Reaction score
And my friend said that you dont need them if you apply on foreign seat is it true?

Reaction score
I applied as an international student. And to me they said that I do need to give these three. If they confirmed you that you dont need them, thn its fine as they cleared it to you.
Pak St. Isl or Urdu is not mentioned on the certificate, only the main subjects are.

So they said its not important? If yes thn no need to give when you are getting it anyways.

Reaction score
AND

i) Exemption of Compulsory subjects namely Islamiyat, Urdu and Pakistan Studies to Pakistani origin dual nationality holder students Passing GCE ‘O’ Level or Equivalent Foreign qualification from Schools based in Pakistan.
i) The students having dual nationality will be treated at par with foreign nationals for grant of Equivalence Certificates by the IBCC.

Ash1994 I am in the same situation...did gcse from uk and doing atm A2 alevels from Peshawar can you please tell e what happened with u..did u have to do olevel Pakistan studies islmiyat..urdu?
Please help me out..I am so confused on my equivalence certificate they say e have to...but on a document of ibbc it's says I don't ..super confused...please get back to me