• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Electrical Engineering -or- CA

Reaction score
Guys I have recently given O Levels exams and im really confused about which subjects to take in A Levels. I had Physics,Maths,Chemistry along with other subjects in O Levels. I cant decide whether to go for Engineering or Business in A Levels. The problem is that in the field of Engineering im mostly interested in Electrical Engineering, i dont have any special interest in other fields of eng....
On the other hand i could go and take Economics,Accounts and Business Studies in A Levels and go for CA.
So i just wanted an opinion that which career would be better?.. for inside Pakistan and abroad.

Reaction score
You can keep Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Economics as your A'levels subjects. This will keep all your options open. Or you can even keep Accounting as a reserve subject.

Reaction score
Abroad everything is better. Every field has his own worth.
In Pakistan, it's the opposite. and you know well.
Go for what you love and you will find what you want.

Reaction score
But if you are still confused by what I say, go with the comment of Hamidali. Take physics, chem, math, Eco and acc.

Reaction score
^ This is madness until or unless ur an exceptional student... I am caught in da same prob as usman's and i will opt for commerce subjects only.... :)

Reaction score
Of course it's madness. But that guy is not sure to do. So he must either make up his mind about what he will do or deal with the hard situation.

Reaction score
Im surely not going to take all of those subjects. Im pretty much ready to take commerce subjects, just fear a little as it'll be the first time ever that i'll be studying them. It'll be quite rough, starting with 0 concepts. :(

Reaction score
First of all, it's not madness. Taking Economics with Maths, Physics and Chemistry is a really good subject choice and alot of students do that. Keeping accounting along with these subjects won't be a huge burden, either.

Reaction score
^ Those students might be very bright and when I have made up my mind that I will go with Commerce in future then no use in giving phy math nd chem... Right?

Reaction score
I just got registered in a College and they say that many students shifts to commerce subjects so they will make separate section for those who have not studied commerce subjects in O level and they will teach them from very basics in detail.. :)
And i guess 11 papers in 2 years wont be as hard as 14 papers of science subjects..

Reaction score
All A level commerce subjects are taught from the basics so you don't need to worry. So just work hard and AS level should be quite easy. A2 can be a bit difficult.

Reaction score
Which subjects should i choose in Alevels if i have to do CA in future?
I completed my o levels with science subjects.