• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Fsc or A levels?????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I m currently givin my o lvls...........i wanna do medical..........plz tell me whts better.......fsc or a lvlz..........

Reaction score
but yaar......i have asked alot of guyz who r in a levels nd they all have recommended F.Sc for medical.......thts bcs of a number of reasons....first of all marks deduction in equivilance/t certificate..........then out of syllabus entry test for A levels students since last 2 years............. :(

Reaction score
NoMI said:
but yaar......i have asked alot of guyz who r in a levels nd they all have recommended F.Sc for medical.......thts bcs of a number of reasons....first of all marks deduction in equivilance/t certificate..........then out of syllabus entry test for A levels students since last 2 years............. :(
Damn, same here. My seniors are constantly advising me to do F.Sc due to this reason, but I realize that I can't do, "Ratte".

Reaction score
lol.....u know what.....F.Sc is quite easy.......zishi ''rattas'' will be difficult for me too........but just in start........by time, me and all of us will get used to it.........we just need time to adjust ourselves according to the situation.........nothing else............

by the way which college u guyz are gonna try for......
i have decided for G.C. University Lahore..........
hope i get admission there :(

Reaction score
i have the same thing in mind ... i always wanted to do A'levels but what's the use of studying something which will not be credited.. please don't suggest me to go to uk or somewhere else as i'm really interested in studying in Pakistan =/

Reaction score
OMG Waleed u think the same way i think........
i also dnt like studying abroad.........i love pak's study.............
nd i m now quite sure that F.Sc will be a better choice if one wants to go in medical............ (but still i wanted to do A levels) :(

Reaction score
NoMI said:
OMG Waleed u think the same way i think........
i also dnt like studying abroad.........i love pak's study.............
nd i m now quite sure that F.Sc will be a better choice if one wants to go in medical............ (but still i wanted to do A levels) :(
Same here, dude! By the way I'm VERY much interested in do A-levels, but my seniors are again and again advising me to do F.Sc, and they say that otherwise I'd be ruined. That's whole damn thing. :mad:

Reaction score
The same case is with me. But I have decided to go for A-Levels. IA I will get admission from Alevels. If not then private medical universities are always there, that give A-levels alot of credit. And wasay bhi my first aim is Agha Khan Uni in Karachi. And I knw that they prefer A-Level students.

Reaction score
I BUmped on this topic by chance.. I have a piece of advice for u guyz..
1st.. Alevel is quite different from Olevel.. Even if u get 11 A's in Olevel doesnt mean u can get 4 there.. Its tough, it has quality and it till definitely helpo u in ur future.. !!!
2nd... Fsc. is a total waste as compared to Alevel.. I am doing AS and my mates doing FSc are totally clueless on what they r studyng...
3rd.. Alevels is deifinitely better when u come to addmission in universities.. Many of my seniors are currently in AkU etc after doing ALEVELS .. !!!

So whatever choice u make.. make sure its a wise one !

Reaction score
hamid right..............

nd asshadazam........thnx for advice.............i myself agree that u can get admission in AKU by doing O levels..........but I dnt think so that its the case that u A levels students are preferred.........if thats the case, what about those thousands of students who are doing F.Sc...................nd i dnt agree with u that F.Sc is a waste of time..!!!!!!!!!...............syllabus will be almost same.......but where the differnce lies??? paper pattern nd all studying techniques...............if u have done O levels with good grades......means u can do conceptual study.........means u will clear entry test..............nd ''rattas'' in fsc will benefit u too..........i dnt wanna discuss it now..................................
nd one more thing
i personally asked AKU registrar(member or whatever hes called).....................he said he dnt have any quotas for A levels nd FSc students........which clearly shows A levels is not preferred over F.Sc..........he said ur latest scholistic achievement will be observed(i dnt remember the eexact word he used).............plus ur activness in co corricular activities.......................thts it!........
then u will b called for an interview.........u should have LEADERSHIP skills........MUST!!!!!!!!!!

nd last thing........I personally dnt think that everyone can afford AKU or private medical colleges...........u can easily get admission in any private medical college................but their expenses are just too much for lots of us.....(including me)

so i will recommend F.Sc!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Yar the problem with FSC is that if i go into pre-medical i'll have to leave maths. and i dont want to do that. I love maths and i want to continue it for atleast 2 years. 3 years i have studied Addmaths in Olevels just because it helps u in maths in Alevels.. and secondly premedical FSC will restrict me too only medical blocking my other choices and i hav seen many FSC candidates ending in BBAs and BAs.

Reaction score
those who end there are the ones who are not able to get good results........or marks which are not enough for medical........or they dnt want medical................
nd jaha tak baat rahi maths ki
I m a great lover of maths!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have studied maths admaths and statistics in o lvls
all these three subjects
stats ka paper de diya hua hai
maths and admaths ka abhi hai
nd Allah ka shukar hai, I m quite good in maths........i simply love it!!!!
but i have to leave it too...........only bcs i need to go in medical............but i had decided that i will also study maths at home........just buy fsc book of maths..........nd study it at home.............jo cheez na aae, kisi se samajh lagi.................by doing this, i will continue my studies well nd wont have to leave maths either
:)

sensible thinking! :) ^_^

Reaction score
many students including me are facing dix prOblem ......but being sensible at a point i would prefer F.SC....cux doing Alevels is taking ur career at ur risk plus wd da deduction ov around 10 percent......and even da MBBS test cumes frm intermediate.....any person doing Alevels have to read da inter books to get through da test !!! ..... as faar as aga khan is considered dere is juxt small fraction for Alevl stdents...n guyx inter is not a waste ov tyme....education from any board is never a waste!!! ...

Reaction score
NoMI said:
those who end there are the ones who are not able to get good results........or marks which are not enough for medical........or they dnt want medical................
nd jaha tak baat rahi maths ki
I m a great lover of maths!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have studied maths admaths and statistics in o lvls
all these three subjects
stats ka paper de diya hua hai
maths and admaths ka abhi hai
nd Allah ka shukar hai, I m quite good in maths........i simply love it!!!!
but i have to leave it too...........only bcs i need to go in medical............but i had decided that i will also study maths at home........just buy fsc book of maths..........nd study it at home.............jo cheez na aae, kisi se samajh lagi.................by doing this, i will continue my studies well nd wont have to leave maths either
:)

sensible thinking! :) ^_^

HAha... mera b yehi scene hai... given stats... maths admaths in the next 2 weeks.... ab pata nahi kaya hota hai... i have decided Alevels hi karna hai... I love maths... but karna medical hai... aur iA Alevels se hi medical karun ga... this is nt fair... i believe Alevels provide a btter ground for further studies.. and iA if i get 8As i ll be free in Alevels... jab ke fsc mein nahi hunga.. i ll apply in GC after olevels but FSC karne ka irada nahi...

Reaction score
ur vote for a lvls? hmmm okk................but u knw what................fsc is not waste of time.............i agree that there is no study in colleges...........a levels studnts are also better..........only in the sense that their minds get opened!
nd as far as the question is of medical test.........dude! i think u dnt see news.......since last two years.........the entry test for a levels students is coming out of syllabus!!!!!!!..................my own frnd...........10 As in o lvls and 4 As in a lvls..................he is super intelligent!.............but could not get admission in any medical clg.............only reasons were, 1.entry test out of syllabus and 2.marks deduction in equivlance certfcte.................so after knowing all this................i will go for F.Sc........................

Status
Not open for further replies.