• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

FSC or A-LEVELS !?!?

Reaction score
Ok ,my parents are forcing me to do FSC after IGCSE ,I'm really confused about this because of our poor financial condition ,we cannot afford the A-LEVEL fees, I'm more than happy to do FSC but I have heard that it's really hard to get used to the whole "Ratta" system,along with that I have plans to go abroad but not now, and is FSC good if I want to become a computer engineer? (Sorry for the poor english)

Reaction score
Ok ,my parents are forcing me to do FSC after IGCSE ,I'm really confused about this because of our poor financial condition ,we cannot afford the A-LEVEL fees, I'm more than happy to do FSC but I have heard that it's really hard to get used to the whole "Ratta" system,along with that I have plans to go abroad but not now, and is FSC good if I want to become a computer engineer? (Sorry for the poor english)
Although Fsc is a cramming system yet it is easy to adopt it. There are specific questions i have heard which come in the exams and the syllabus of Fsc and A Levels is almost similar. There is a difference of only Pattern. Fsc is not difficult you just have to study with concentration and proper testing system that's all.

Reaction score
Although Fsc is a cramming system yet it is easy to adopt it. There are specific questions i have heard which come in the exams and the syllabus of Fsc and A Levels is almost similar. There is a difference of only Pattern. Fsc is not difficult you just have to study with concentration and proper testing system that's all.
Thanks! ,another question,should I join any academy for FSC in my summer vacations?

Reaction score
Fsc is good! many more seats available in universities than A level too! easier to get admission in Pakistan universities for Bs as well!
what poor english?? it's good :|

Reaction score
Thanks! ,another question,should I join any academy for FSC in my summer vacations?
I would suggest yes you should because in academies they take test of every chapter after completing it and practise is what matters a lot in Fsc, the more you'll give tests the more you'll be prepared.

Reaction score
See, the thing is it doesnt really matter wat u choose as long as u r pretty clear in ur mind abt wat ur ultimate goal is going to be. Its just 2 years of hard study..whether Fsc or alevels..leading u to the same goal. To be honest, the Alevel system is better run compared to Fsc, bt its less rewarding wen it comes to getting admittted to professional colleges in Pakistan. Plus if u consider the necessary deductions they make while u get ur equivalency (converting grades to marks), the extortionate college fee and the acdmey fee (which is mostly important to join if u r lagging in a subject), u can happily rule out Alevels frm ur options.
And one other thing regarding ur plans of making it abroad, if u end up with bad grades in Alevels u wont obviously get scholarships for studies abroad. So its better avoiding the risk. Choose an easy way out . Go for Fsc (it might not be as bad as people say it is :) )
And yeah, dont fall prey to peer pressure..no matter what ur friends say to you, the choice is yours to make. Be villigant, and decided what suits you best keeping all the pros and cons in your mind :)

Good Luck!!

Reaction score
See, the thing is it doesnt really matter wat u choose as long as u r pretty clear in ur mind abt wat ur ultimate goal is going to be. Its just 2 years of hard study..whether Fsc or alevels..leading u to the same goal. To be honest, the Alevel system is better run compared to Fsc, bt its less rewarding wen it comes to getting admittted to professional colleges in Pakistan. Plus if u consider the necessary deductions they make while u get ur equivalency (converting grades to marks), the extortionate college fee and the acdmey fee (which is mostly important to join if u r lagging in a subject), u can happily rule out Alevels frm ur options.
And one other thing regarding ur plans of making it abroad, if u end up with bad grades in Alevels u wont obviously get scholarships for studies abroad. So its better avoiding the risk. Choose an easy way out . Go for Fsc (it might not be as bad as people say it is :) )
And yeah, dont fall prey to peer pressure..no matter what ur friends say to you, the choice is yours to make. Be villigant, and decided what suits you best keeping all the pros and cons in your mind :)

Good Luck!!
thanks man, this really helped me :)

Reaction score
I would suggest yes you should because in academies they take test of every chapter after completing it and practise is what matters a lot in Fsc, the more you'll give tests the more you'll be prepared.
but you see the thing is that where I live,academies have already started and I'm already 2-3 weeks behind them, I will join them when my exams have finished so you can probably guess the course they will have covered by that time,joining them in middle will abiously mean that I wont understand a single word they're saying

Reaction score
FSc!!!
If you value your sanity then go with Fsc :cry:
you can even ask leadingguy or smzimran, its alot easier to get into universities after doing fsc