• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Funding studies in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi.. Is there anyone going to any university at UK??
Yaar, I've recieved offers from some of the prestigious universities; LSE, UCL, Warwick, Glasgow and King's College..
The prblem arises when we talk about funding.. How to finance ur studies at UK..? Any scholarships, Loan policies or Sponsorships... I mean how can we acheive them..any useful tips would do great help..

Reaction score
well...they do not have student loans for asians or ppl in the middle east..only for ppl in the europe.
i will probably be going to Uk aswell..as i have got loads of frends and Family there.
if funding is a MAJOR issue then Uk probably not the place to go because it is EXPENSIVE.nowadays most of the good Unis
have increased the tution fees to like 13000 pounds max for science courses,a bit lesser for commerce and WAYY more for MEds.
and then there is also the living cost which is alot if u live at the Uni dorms but lesser if u live sumwhere other than the dorms with a roomy..but u shud catch an average of like 6000 pounds per year for living (dont wanna run out of money in the middle)..
and it also depends on where u are goin..London is more expensive than the other places in the UK...
and scholarship..if u are a REALly good u get sumthn around 2000 pounds scholarship..where 2000 is deducted from the fees..
and it is renewed yearly depending on ur results.
if u hav any more questions...i wud be happy to help..:)

Reaction score
Cambridge has introduced the Cambridge 800th Scholarship. Though for better opportunities regarding finance you'll find the best in US/Canada

Reaction score
america is shit they dont admitt pak boys these days...well i am going imperial or ucl but on self -finance :p

Reaction score
The thing with that Cambridge scholarship is that it's only awarded to those who are pretty much.... well lets face it --EXTRAORDINARY.

Like there's a guy i know in KGS who's been awarded this scholarship at Cambridge. But the catch, he's got 14A's in ALEVELS. Now that is what Cambridge goers consider normality.

So if you aim for that scholarship, with by the way is only for this year, then GOOD LUCK!

Reaction score
well i know a person having 13 A's at Olevels 9A's Alevels SAT I= 2400,,SAT II= 2400

and rejected from harvard ,stanford,columbia,cornell,cambridge..and many more all because he needed aid

while a person having a SAT I= 2120 and SATII 2200 and accepted to columbia and given $28000 aid...because he had an american passport

in the end your grades dont count what counts is your financial status and your nationality :S

Reaction score
Uk ia not de place for pakistani students... america can still be considered, u get dinancal aid if ur SAT score , O level and A levels result is fantastic. i know i guy who is from my school got into upeen with 47000 dollars schloarships. his O level grades were 11 A's and A levels were 8 's
dere are also people i know who got into canadain universities with handsome schloarship

Reaction score
gerrard said:
well i know a person having 13 A's at Olevels 9A's Alevels SAT I= 2400,,SAT II= 2400

and rejected from harvard ,stanford,columbia,cornell,cambridge..and many more all because he needed aid

Firstly it's very very hard for me to believe that he got full scores in both SATS, made me laugh so hard!

Secondly if he did have the above CV I am very very surprised that he got rejected even if he required aid/scholarship!

Reaction score
|Riddler| said:
there are good universities in pak also try them or u cud even look for australia

well...australia isnt thaaat good..well it is but the process for goin there is time consuming..to get the visa..for 6 months u hav to wait with a steady bank balance with aloot of cash and ur mom or dad cant withdraw or anythng...and the sum of money that shud be in diposit at the account is a whole lot..my frends who went to australia told me..
u can find awsum scholarship at sum Unis in America..i know sum..but they keep it confidential or evrybody wud cum for the scholarship..thats y i guess im not gonna say the name either...:p
Pakistani in USA..well dusn make any difference..there is racism depending on which part of the stated u go...that is IF u do...
its jus all Asians sufferin this...
Malaysia is a cheap alternative where u get a UK degree..u cud do two years in malaysia and then do the final year by transferin to the UK..
one of my frends..her bro went to UK and her sis went to malaysia...the guys one year fees is equal to funding for her THREE years study in malaysia..
canada is also a good option check it out..but make sure to pick a country where u are totally not alone..never know when u myt need someone...
gosh! i really know how to yip yap away...:p

Reaction score
its not that you will get a minimum of 2000pounds scholarship, my brother has got an admission in university of kent and he's now applying fro a scholarship, if he gets, inshallah, it will 50% that is 5000 pounds .. you have to write an essay to show you are a deserving candidate and a strong one to get it!

Reaction score
all these shits here listen...i know this american uni sht because i have gone through the university applications........american dont want pakistanis anymore espicilly boys...our headboy got a 2400 SAT score in 2005 and went to harvard 100% financial aid..but that was in 2005 these days hardly a good student gets in USA....and if you dont belive the 2400-2400 SAT scores F***K OFF i dont give a damn about you....

L log pata hota kuch nahi post kartay rehtay hain

Reaction score
khizarr said:
its not that you will get a minimum of 2000pounds scholarship, my brother has got an admission in university of kent and he's now applying fro a scholarship, if he gets, inshallah, it will 50% that is 5000 pounds .. you have to write an essay to show you are a deserving candidate and a strong one to get it!

it is different for different Unis...my elder bro and sister are there currently and well...that is what they got as MAX scholarship...
chekin wid the Uni is a good thing...
@gerrard....u seem pissed!!..:O...

Reaction score
not pissed off dude these shit ppl here dont know a thing about uni's and start to place their theories ....I dont care I am happy i am going to a good uni ....and i stand by my point that grades dont get you into good universities

Reaction score
gerrard is correct, on some points . that admission and SCHOLARSHIP completely dont depend on grades but other things aswell . For e.g if ur a good sportsman then u can get a sports scholarship aswell . Canadian citizens get to give just 30 % of the fee of canadian uni's and if u get aid from that they can give u for e.g 5000 dollars per year so thats quite good .... But only for citizens ..... In my view, undergraduate i'll do from Pakistan and then go abroad for further studies INSHALLAH .... we should increase the number of good applicants to in local universities so that Pakistani uni's are also considered good .... If ur aim is to just go abroad , then ur pathetic , but if u aim for a better education , thats the key to success ....... sigh , intelligent people get the best out of life even studying from Pakistan SO JEAY PAKISTAN :D

Reaction score
gerrard said:
all these shits here listen...i know this american uni sht because i have gone through the university applications........american dont want pakistanis anymore espicilly boys...our headboy got a 2400 SAT score in 2005 and went to harvard 100% financial aid..but that was in 2005 these days hardly a good student gets in USA....and if you dont belive the 2400-2400 SAT scores F***K OFF i dont give a damn about you....

L log pata hota kuch nahi post kartay rehtay hain

Last time I checked, I had more posts and reputation than you on these forums. That tells me and everyone else that anything YOU have to say or contribute is nothing but shit squat when it comes to comparing it with my own posts.

I have helped 10 times more people fill out university applications (including essays, financial aid and scholarship applications) than you have posts here.

So keep your uncalled anger for your family members, I don't know you and I don't give a rats ass about how angry you may become when confronted in a losing discussion!

One more shitty post from you and I will report your worthless ass!

Now back to topic!

It is true that universities abroad are not accepting many overseas applications nowadays, but that's not just USA Universities, it's all over the world!

Two Valid Reasons come to mind are:

1) Terrorists Attacks, thus security issues!
2) Recession, heard of it?

P.S

I know you and your kind pretty well ... the self financed, rich mama's boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.