• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Further Mathematics: Doubts, Questions, Tips and resources.

Reaction score
Well I will like to see all the F.math students united on this thread so we all can help each others as brothers/sisters. I pray we all get good grades. Please tag all of your friends who are doing f.math and invite your other friends to XPC.

Please post any notes on a new thread and P.M me I will post a link to ur thread.
Any suggestions/tips are appreciated. I hope we all cooperate with each other.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I didn't take add maths in o level but if study the a level syllabus during my summer vacations (I'm in O3 three right now), will I be able to study further maths in a level

Reaction score
I didn't take add maths in o level but if study the a level syllabus during my summer vacations (I'm in O3 three right now), will I be able to study further maths in a level

yes. first do P1 P3 before thinking about f math

Reaction score
U do mean practice them and not appear right?
Yes.
Practice p1,2,3
After that do further pure mathematics.
Then s1m1 before paper 2 of further maths.
You have two years. Practice them all and appear in all of them in one go.
Beter get rid of other subjcts this year so you only focus on math(and further math) next year

Reaction score
Difference between further mathematics and the math (9709)? (Confused)
Suchal Riaz
Saad Mughal
scouserlfc
Nibz

They are two different A-Level subjects. :p

Further mathematics has a syllabus beyond A-level, much of which is taught in Bachelors and stuff, as i have heard. But it's available to A-level students who are good at Mathematics, and are looking for a challenge.

Reaction score
Since no particular one book is endorsed by CIE for further maths, can anyone with decent knowledge in the subject compile a listing of materials to obtain that would adequately cover the entire syllabus? It would be so much more helpful if someone came and pretty much designed their own mock textbook for F math as a scrapbook comprising of different materials from different books. It would be so much more convenient for all the F math students seeking to study themselves in this forum, and it will stop redundant threads from appearing.