• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Further Mathematics: Urgently Information Needed

Is further math very difficult?

• If you have done Add math you can do further math as well

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I would be thankful to you if you tell me do i have to give papers(1 and 2) for Further Mathematics in A2(Second year of A level) but not in As/A1(first year of A level)?
I am having four subjects: Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Computer. I got 8 A*s including Additional mathematics in O level. Would i be able to carry burden of fifth subjects(further math)?
I have to make a decision very very quickly. please help.

Reaction score
If u are doing further maths and maths from CIE then you have the option to give accelerated maths (AS+A2) or just AS maths the first year. Though it would be highly recommendable if u did finish whole maths the first year. You dont have to sit for any fmath papers during your AS. Further maths consists of only 2papers which needs to be done in one sitting. And taking fmaths depends on how much pressure u can handle and amount of help that you can get around you such as books, teachers, etc. also how daring u are. I've seen bestest of students getting B's and C's in fmaths. So its upto u if u want to put in the hard work, and take the chance :)

Reaction score
okay so here is what i think i should be doing. Do P1+M1 this year. In summer vaccation complete S1 and P3 along with F.Math. After vaccations work only for F.Math. Give paper in Oct/Nov session. Carry on with other 4 subjects after papers.(i can get prep leave so i dont have to study them during and before paper).
I got no teacher to help me though.