• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

History 1988-98

Reaction score
The structure and assessment objectives of Cambridge University remain the same. Read the additional material with the same understanding, similar technique. And qsts wil be evaluative in nature anyways. So, focus on your concept and exam technique. Such that you can answer anything on the paper rather than guessing what will come.

Reaction score
I really don't have any idea about the changing of the time-line and neither did the examiners mention about this in the previous workshops!
Secondly don't worry about the languages as except Urdu no other language is going to come and it will be an only 7 marks question.

Reaction score
No! Don't waste time on writing down the whole answer. Just go through papers and make bullet points. 3 for the 7 mark questions and 6 at least for the 14 marks qst. Each of these bullets will be a different paragraph of a reason which you will explain if it came in the paper. As your preparation is good, knowledge, understanding won't be a problem. Just go through papers and make these bullet points for the qsts and move on. It will be a much faster, productive method. You will see what had been coming in the past, what examiners actually wanted + you'll save time when actually giving a paper under a strict time limit. Trust me, i did the same in my last days and got 97 in Pakistan Studies.

Reaction score
you don' t need to worry about the time line at all, just make sure you have gone through all the content mentioned in the syllabus and that's all. You can then easily develop an answer.
Secondly, just make sure you have memorized all the relevant details and know the syllabus. In these days just go through the questions , their mark schemes and as mentioned by zohaib make bullet points. Read the examiner reports to know what the examiner "actually" wants from the candidate. This will benefit you the maximum in last days.

Reaction score
Just a phrase of it. The point is if you knw in detail what caused the Mughal Empire to decline? (7). Then all you have to do is something like this.

-Growth of the empire

-Poor control of the leaders following Aurangzeb

-Arrival of the British.

And read the examiner report, see ms.

You don't need to write the whole answer because you know (as you have a good understanding of the subject content) that how each of these factors can be explained in the examination in your own words. So, no need to do that now. Just write what points will a particular qst include. Also, see the exam guidance in kelly's book. See how the points are developed in those answers thats how you will do in the exam.

Reaction score
As much as i remember those minor battles as listed in Farkhanda Noor as to how he conquered the remaining places is not required. Just see some major places that he conquered as that adds to a significant achievement of his caliphate in spreading the Islamic Empire. And there were just a couple of exceptions that were "Major" battles just remember their details.