• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How did Physics P2 go?

Reaction score
Velocity was 5.76 ms^-1 equivalent to 5.8 ms^-1,
Angle was 59 degree, pd across AB was 1.46, efficiency was 97.6%

Last edited:
Reaction score
what was the ans for momentum question ? ( -60/200 : O.3 ) ? This is what i got
plus for nuclear phy are these 2 differences valid?
: 1) in beta negative , electron is formed while in beta positive , positron formed. 2) antineutrino vs neutrino.

Reaction score
Velocity was 5.76 ms^-1 equivalent to 5.8 ms^-1,
Angle was 59 degree, pd across AB was 1.46, efficiency was 97.6%
SPOT ON. What did you guys do in the wave question? The first one was destructive right because path diff of 3.4 or something, then when the phase diff was 180 the two waves would allign and would create constructive interference.

Reaction score
SPOT ON. What did you guys do in the wave question? The first one was destructive right because path diff of 3.4 or something, then when the phase diff was 180 the two waves would allign and would create constructive interference.
Yeah correct. What about the third one? When the intensity of one of them is decreased? I wrote that the displacement at P will be equal to the difference in displacement of D1 and D2

Reaction score
Yeah correct. What about the third one? When the intensity of one of them is decreased? I wrote that the displacement at P will be equal to the difference in displacement of D1 and D2
Yay. Man I did that intensity question like 5 hours before the paper started. It came up in oct nov 2016 variant 22. The bright fringes become darker and the dark fringes becomes brighter according to oct nov 2016s mark scheme. I had learned it by heart because I didnt understand why the bright fringes become darker. So the point at P or whatever the destructive interference point was will become brighter. And then all the other bright fringes would become darker.

Reaction score
In that question on why kinetic is not equal to gpe. The answer was that the object is in projectile motion right? I wrote down that only in linear motion is all of gpe converted to ke. And this object is in projectile motion so it will convert to other forms.
Looking back, I should have just written change in height is not directly proportional to speed...

Last edited:
Reaction score
In that question on why kinetic is not equal to gpe. The answer was that the object is in projectile motion right? I wrote down that only in linear motion is all of gpe converted to ke. And this object is in projectile motion so it will convert to other forms.
Looking back, I just have written change in height is not directly proportional to speed...

The object already had an initial horizontal velocity v, so it had K.E before it started to fall. So all of the final K.E isn't equal to the conversion of G.P.E to K.E

Reaction score
The object already had an initial horizontal velocity v, so it had K.E before it started to fall. So all of the final K.E isn't equal to the conversion of G.P.E to K.E
gah, im so stupid. Why didnt I think of that...
I was kinda sad 2d collisions didnt come. Its normally free marks.
Particles and nuclear was really easy too. It was on the last page of the exam and I was looking at it before the exam started. So I did that question first.

Reaction score
I wrote about final horizontal velocity rather than initial that when it hit the floor it had some horizontal velocity...is it wrong?

Reaction score
I wrote about final horizontal velocity rather than initial that when it hit the floor it had some horizontal velocity...is it wrong?
It might be correct because horizontal velocity is constant so they might accept final horizontal velocity - as long as you mentioned that G.P.E only affects vertical velocity though.

Reaction score
it was for only 1 or 2 marks anyways so dw dude. As long as the rest of your answers are matching

Can someone please tell me how TF was that k = EA/l question for only 4 freaking marks? All of the unit conversions were kinda confusing. Answer was 1 point something tera units.