• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How to get an A* in ICT IGCSE?

Reaction score
My sister is going to do her ICT IGCSE exam in Oct/Nov 2012 and she wants to aim for an A as minimum but but she desperately needs an A* in this subject. Shes got a C and she needs an A* this time. Any advice from people with A*'s or A's?
Thank you

Reaction score
My sister is going to do her ICT IGCSE exam in Oct/Nov 2012 and she wants to aim for an A as minimum but but she desperately needs an A* in this subject. Shes got a C and she needs an A* this time. Any advice from people with A*'s or A's?
Thank you

I got an A* in ICT, it's not really a hard subject at all! I advise that she focus on the practicals as they're the most challenging, especially when it comes to HTML and spreadsheets! There were some tricky questions in the exam I did and I came out thinking I'd get a B maximum if the examiners are generous! The theory part is easy to study for, as long as you have a good reliable text book; if not then try igcseict.info, it has everything you need for theory and most of the practicals. That's the site I used solely without any textbook.

Also, be sure to study well in advance; this applies especially to the practicals as you can forget procedures easily over time. Do a couple of recent past papers to get you up to speed and to see if you've improved or not.

Reaction score
I got an A* in ICT, it's not really a hard subject at all! I advise that she focus on the practicals as they're the most challenging, especially when it comes to HTML and spreadsheets! There were some tricky questions in the exam I did and I came out thinking I'd get a B maximum if the examiners are generous! The theory part is easy to study for, as long as you have a good reliable text book; if not then try igcseict.info, it has everything you need for theory and most of the practicals. That's the site I used solely without any textbook.

Also, be sure to study well in advance; this applies especially to the practicals as you can forget procedures easily over time. Do a couple of recent past papers to get you up to speed and to see if you've improved or not.
Very true.

Reaction score
Thank you
i am giving my igcse exams in oct/nov 2012,do mj and on 12 cum d similar
coz mj12 dint have any labels or summary!!!!!!
and can u recommend wich pst papers shuld i solve for ict for pracs and theory both
plzzzz reply me asap

Reaction score

and can u recommend wich pst papers shuld i solve for ict for pracs and theory both
plzzzz reply me asap

Reaction score

even dineshbaxi.com, mrtusuf.com and for textbooks hodder is the best, what say?

Reaction score
plzzzz reply me asap

I don't really 'recommend' you do any specific past papers, but try to do as many as you can. I know they don't all cover the entire syllabus but it's still good practice, trust me. For theory it doesn't matter because the format is all the same, I did only the ones for 2011, all variants for summer and winter, and didn't bother with past ones because they're too similar.

Reaction score
even dineshbaxi.com, mrtusuf.com and for textbooks hodder is the best, what say?

I don't know about those sites or the textbooks. I personally only studied from igcseict.info for both theory and practicals because the textbook our school gave us was very lacking.

Reaction score
plz can any ine tell me if the grade boundaries differ from a country to the other and where is higher thanks in advance plzzzzzzzzzz help

Reaction score
Thank you
i got an A*
ICT is easy but ppl loose marks in practical (theory is very simple) make sure u hv a good practice of all the past papers

Reaction score
Reaction score
U corrected me..i meant timezone just u like mentioned :)
I AM GIVING my uct exam in ovt/nov ,could u plzzz recommend wich year papers shuld i solve???plzz be specific (don't say solve all the past papers)plzzz reply for pracs i am asking????
thanx in advance!

Reaction score
Grade boundaries are the same worldwide... it would be discrimination if it was like that!
I AM GIVING my uct exam in ovt/nov ,could u plzzz recommend wich year papers shuld i solve???plzz be specific (don't say solve all the past papers)plzzz reply for pracs i am asking????
thanx in advance!