• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was 9709/32 maths P3 ?

Reaction score
How did the exam go for you? Was it a difficult exam for you? Thoughts on gt...

Last edited:
Reaction score
did look easy at first but when u start solving it got confusing and idk what but it wasnt like earlier papers and I hope the gt is low. Wbu?

Reaction score
It was lengthy, less time to think over the questions and do simultaneously. I left around 10 marks. I hope vectors is correct. What was the answer btw?
:(

Reaction score
It was lengthy, less time to think over the questions and do simultaneously. I left around 10 marks. I hope vectors is correct. What was the answer btw?
:(
wasnt able to solve a lot of questions either. Left around 15 marks. Plus the vector one was confusing too like I solved most the first part werent we supposed to keep the equations of r =0 since they were perpendicular and find A by subtracting o,o,o and OA like origin - OA to find the direction vector for A ?

Reaction score
I messed up the vector question...had no time left so I dropped about 10 marks. I think I got the rest of the exam completely right so I guess an A isn't completely out of the picture... Should have about 64/75with luck. How about you?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I messed up the vector question...had no time left so I dropped about 10 marks. I think I got the rest of the exam completely right so I guess an A isn't completely out of the picture... Should have about 64/65 with luck. How about you?
maybe 45/75 or 50 if the gt is low and marking is leniant

Reaction score
Would I get a minimum A in A full component if the gt is low since M1 was tough and idk how I messed up P1 I am getting 35

Reaction score
Are there any chances of getting an A* in Maths if I lose around 10 marks in P3 and get an A in it and do great in other components?

Reaction score
Are there any chances of getting an A* in Maths if I lose around 10 marks in P3 and get an A in it and do great in other components?

seems like the gt for overall component is going to be low since m1 was tough and p3 wasnt that great either. we can all maybe hope for A or A* if we have not lost more than 60 marks combined in all components. because we still have m2 left and thats goin be not easy and most probably be like m1 which was really kinda tough. the gt For A* MIGHT be 200. and for A 180 something. lets hope for the best.

Reaction score
seems like the gt for overall component is going to be low since m1 was tough and p3 wasnt that great either. we can all maybe hope for A or A* if we have not lost more than 60 marks combined in all components. because we still have m2 left and thats goin be not easy and most probably be like m1 which was really kinda tough. the gt For A* MIGHT be 200. and for A 180 something. lets hope for the best.

I gave P1 and M1 last year in AS and kinda aced them, hoping very good marks in them, so if I lose around 15 marks in P3 and at maximum 10 marks in upcoming S1(God hope not), and say lose 35 marks in total, what grade would I be making, any idea?

Reaction score
I gave P1 and M1 last year in AS and kinda aced them, hoping very good marks in them, so if I lose around 15 marks in P3 and at maximum 10 marks in upcoming S1(God hope not), and say lose 35 marks in total, what grade would I be making, any idea?
depends on the gt for last year and this year. since i saw the last year papers they were pretty okay and hence general grade boundary would apply to them but since this years papers even p3 wasnt that easy the gt for it will be low my lamest guess is the gt for A might be around 190 or 180 and A* around 200 so see if u combine all ur component marks and if they cross this minimum maybe u have a chance. the thing is no one is sure how cie is going to keep the gt. This year had a lot of mixed response. some found paper okay while some didnt. all i am hoping for is a low gt now. good luck lets hope for the best

Reaction score
200 for A*??? Are you talking about the whole A level or just three exams? I looked at the past gts and found that an A* is usually around 220/250 sometimes dropping to 210/250. 2016 the gt was 231 for A* as far as I know. So I am not so sure about 200/250... wonderful as it would be.( I am referring to M1,M2,P1,P3)

Reaction score
depends on the gt for last year and this year. since i saw the last year papers they were pretty okay and hence general grade boundary would apply to them but since this years papers even p3 wasnt that easy the gt for it will be low my lamest guess is the gt for A might be around 190 or 180 and A* around 200 so see if u combine all ur component marks and if they cross this minimum maybe u have a chance. the thing is no one is sure how cie is going to keep the gt. This year had a lot of mixed response. some found paper okay while some didnt. all i am hoping for is a low gt now. good luck lets hope for the best
200 for A*??? Are you talking about the whole A level or just three exams? I looked at the past gts and found that an A* is usually around 220/250 sometimes dropping to 210/250. 2016 the gt was 231 for A* as far as I know. So I am not so sure about 200/250... wonderful as it would be.( I am referring to M1,M2,P1,P3)
The gt wouldnt even touch 220! The last time it did was 4 years ago, or so. And 2017 papers aren't found very tough, for the gt to have sudden drop. Lets just hope though!

Reaction score
I don't know how to define the paper really xD It didn't seem to be as good as I wanted it to be but at the same time I can't say it was as bad as M1 was
I think the A levels gt for Maths this year will reach it's lowest peak
Haven't heard someone liked a maths paper yet

Reaction score
I don't think the gt would be much higher than 230 in general for an A* (even for the very easy ones) as 230/250 is 90% of the marks and that seems reasonable for an A*. My personal guess on gt is 220/250...which would be great for me