• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was AS Math P1?

Reaction score
I think mine was okay. How was it?
Does anybody have any idea about the possible grade threshold?

Reaction score
The paper was not too difficult apart from question 7 that carries 7 mark, even so it just requires a little logic behind it. As of the others I do not think there are other technical questions that involves in heavy common sense. I would stick to low 60/high 50 (58-63) for an A. (I did V2 just to clarify it out)

Reaction score
What are the tricky questions in you guys' opinion that will bring down the threshold apart from Q7? I do understand that 7 mark question was a bit too much to digest, but apart from that the others look pretty much "normal".

Reactions: Z.S
Reaction score
I guess it was moderate, and even question 7 was not that difficult. Still, threshold might be around 60's.

Reaction score
Number 7 was indeed hard, I hope the GT is 50. Question 3 was kinda tricky as well, what did you guys get the coefficients, part i)120 and ii)100?

Reaction score
I found question three rather diffuclt. It was the one where they give you an equation y=mx+13 and a curve, can't remember it. And they ask you to find m and the point P. How could I find it? I can't find it using the straight line's y=Mx form, nor can I differentiate to find it, because we don't have the point

Reaction score
Are you guys kidding ?
no matter how hard paper comes I have never seen GT of P1 less than 57,58
And this was relatively easy paper. Q7 was also easy it's just that very few people were able to pick it

Reaction score
Number 7 was indeed hard, I hope the GT is 50. Question 3 was kinda tricky as well, what did you guys get the coefficients, part i)120 and ii)100?
Please no discussion for 24 hours......

Reaction score
Anyone remembers the curve of question 3? I think it was y = x^2 +12x + 12 if I was not mistaken. If anyone could give me the details of question 3 I could work it out for y'all. ;)

Reaction score
I found question three rather diffuclt. It was the one where they give you an equation y=mx+13 and a curve, can't remember it. And they ask you to find m and the point P. How could I find it? I can't find it using the straight line's y=Mx form, nor can I differentiate to find it, because we don't have the point
No discussion before 24 hours....

Reaction score
Are you guys kidding ?
no matter how hard paper comes I have never seen GT of P1 less than 57,58
And this was relatively easy paper. Q7 was also easy it's just that very few people were able to pick it

The threshold of W12 P12 was 55/75 for an A, but I do agree with you that this was a manageable paper, so I am not looking at a threshold below high 50s (although I do believe it should be low 60s)

Reaction score
The threshold of W12 P12 was 55/75 for an A, but I do agree with you that this was a manageable paper, so I am not looking at a threshold below high 50s (although I do believe it should be low 60s)
Wont go below 60 believe me. It's sad for me too but it's true.