• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE Geography (0460) Question(s)

Reaction score
Hey guys.

So I will be taking the IGCSE geography and I'm looking through available past papers and I have a dilemma....

In paper 2, it states that a "1:50000 Survey Map Extract is enclosed with this question paper" but in the file there is no map to be found (yes I have checked in the insert paper as well. No luck). So question: what am I missing????

Here's the particular paper in question (actually this is the case for every single paper 2)

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Geography (0460)/0460_s10_qp_23.pdf (question paper)

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Geography (0460)/0460_s10_in_23.pdf
(insert)

Reaction score
Never mind guys I already figured it out. As it turns out, Cambridge cannot release the map extract because of copywrite concerns. Here's my next question though: Can anyone here give me a rough idea on what to expect? (like is the map extract gonna be like a Satellite image, a google map image, or something else entirely?)

Reaction score
NamChanachon I've been in the same situation, and let me tell you everything I know

so yes, Cambridge doesn't give out the map extracts but you can try asking your teacher ? teachers have access to some Cambridge sites that can help you

for the maps, try to be familiar with keys, for instance what this symbol means or where the rivers are etc.
For a visual; google the term 'Ordnance Survey Maps'

This is exactly what you should be expecting, Cambridge brings OS maps.
Good-luck and wish me luck! My paper 2 exam is coming up x

Reaction score
NamChanachon I've been in the same situation, and let me tell you everything I know

so yes, Cambridge doesn't give out the map extracts but you can try asking your teacher ? teachers have access to some Cambridge sites that can help you

for the maps, try to be familiar with keys, for instance what this symbol means or where the rivers are etc.
For a visual; google the term 'Ordnance Survey Maps'

This is exactly what you should be expecting, Cambridge brings OS maps.
Good-luck and wish me luck! My paper 2 exam is coming up x

Thx for the advice! I followed your advice and lo and behold, I'm saved! So thank you very much. Also, I'm a private Candidate so I don't have any teachers to ask :p

Reaction score
how is geography?
is it available in schools like being taught?
if I requested the admin , will they provide me with the required things?
details abt it and the subject plz
which tbs ,notes , revisions and such would be useful for me?
I will be very thankful!