• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Importance of GP

Reaction score
I have heard that, gp's grade isn't considered when u r applying in any abroad university and isn't given any credit, is it true guyz?

Reaction score
wat u think, can i do it and prove my teacher wrong!
i mean can i score an A ( just want analysis on basis of my language not content!)

Reaction score
hahaha i just want to confirm this , the rumors aren't allowing me to concentrate on gp!!!
:ROFLMAO:

Okay, on a serious note. Even though universities don't consider it, GP is the subject where you should really give serious attention. Universities will look at the kind of person that you are, not to yourself, but to this world. GP prepares you for that. It teaches you to think independently, and look at things unopinionatedly. Don't underestimate it.

Reaction score
wat u think, can i do it and prove my teacher wrong!
i mean can i score an A ( just want analysis on basis of my language not content!)

Content is more important than language. If you want an A, you definitely need to improve. But anyway, we all started from zero, didn't we? :p

Reaction score

Okay, on a serious note. Even though universities don't consider it, GP is the subject where you should really give serious attention. Universities will look at the kind of person that you are, not to yourself, but to this world. GP prepares you for that. It teaches you to think independently, and look at things unopinionatedly. Don't underestimate it.
but still my gp grade won't be considered thats the best part !!!! sigh..:D

Reaction score

I was also confused. Thanks for the info. :)

Reaction score
nup, that was the boost i wanted, i will work on gp and definately will score B or better!
you r in A2 right?

As a private candidate.

Good. Keep working. GP requires knowledge and practice. If it motivates you, I started with a 37/50. Ended with a 45/50. My teacher would never give beyond a 41 before.
You need to know exactly where you are wrong in GP.

Reaction score
Ok guys now this is getting ridiculous.

3 A levels, and I repeat3 basic A levels are considered for giving credits. Anything you do above that might not gain you credit but why would you need credit ? I got 30 credits(the maximum credits available) for my 3 A levels at McGill though I have 11 As and a distinction in A level, if they gave credit to the rest of them that would almost nearly complete credits for my bachelors degree.

GP is a very important critical analysis subject, especially when it comes down to writing university research papers, essays, and courses at university that use similar technique to gain maximum marks. The fact that they didn't give you credit (which is a university equivalent to the course) does not mean you were not assessed in your skills for having given a particular subject.

Unless your aim is the IBCC equivalence, you should by all means study GP for the future, let the desi-ness stay limited to IBCC.