• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Internships ?

Reaction score
Fatima Memorial Hospital has a good internship program. Akhuwat. Rising Sun institute. You can volunteer at almost any hospital, all you need is contacts.

Reaction score
I have done intern ship in WWF and Jinnah Hospital Lahore. if you want to go further in some medical field then doing an intern ship in a hospital will be handy. Jinnah hospital might not be a good option as its not so clean and rushy too. WWF was fun and there will be a trip in it as well. some assignments and projects will be given.i had a very good time there. and the mate above said all you need is contacts, i don't think so, at least my experiences doesn't agrees with it. If you are from school then they will have contacts themselves or you can go by yourself and get registered for the intern-ship program. if you are interested in shaukat khanam intern-ship program then you can download the form from their website. SOS and rising sun are good options if you like teaching. these intern-ship will help you in personality grooming , university admission and of-course its a social service :)

Reaction score
All these institutions mentioned are related to community service so they whole heartedly take you as interns, but if you want to work for a company (not social service), like newspaper agencies, banks and some private hospitals, you'll need to get contacts.

Reaction score
I have done intern ship in WWF and Jinnah Hospital Lahore. if you want to go further in some medical field then doing an intern ship in a hospital will be handy. Jinnah hospital might not be a good option as its not so clean and rushy too. WWF was fun and there will be a trip in it as well. some assignments and projects will be given.i had a very good time there. and the mate above said all you need is contacts, i don't think so, at least my experiences doesn't agrees with it. If you are from school then they will have contacts themselves or you can go by yourself and get registered for the intern-ship program. if you are interested in shaukat khanam intern-ship program then you can download the form from their website. SOS and rising sun are good options if you like teaching. these intern-ship will help you in personality grooming , university admission and of-course its a social service :)
ah Thanks :D
I wont go further in some medical field so i guess ... no Hospitals for me :p
I was just thinking, there's a girl i know who's currently studying at Harvard. She got selected cauz she used to teach English at ''the Educators'' summer camp to low-income families.. and used to do ay part-time job at the ''Epic School''. She was in O levels when she started doing these... So , are ay good academic result and internships OK/enough for getting into ay good university ? :D

Reaction score
She didn't get selected BECAUSE she interned at such places, but it surely would have been a contributing factor. Such experiences really count in your personality building. And the better personality you have, the more the chance of making it to a good university. What she did was community service, and that's what we are telling you about. You also take part in other extra-curricular activities if you really want to build up a strong CV. Community service is only one of the activities.

Reaction score
There are many places in Lahore. As said above Akhuwat, Rising Sun institute, SOS, WWF are good ones. There is also Shaukat Kahnum.(for community work.) I interned there but it was boring. Then there is FMH. they take you to a one day trip to a school made by Noor foundation. you do fund raising in the hospital. visit different departments (some lucky girls got to go into surgery too!!) you get to do a speech then there is a ending ceremony. etc.

Then there are banks and other private companies too.

I know a guy who did internship in all of them. perhaps even more.

What you have to is take note of the deadlines. Some have early deadlines.
furthermore contact your guidance counselor. What school are you in? In my school some students taught in the summers in the school. some did an internship at the kids branch. (I didnt even know we could do such a thing or I would have joined them.)(Thats why I am asking you to contact the admin of your school for information/to arrange such things.)

When you apply to Harvard they ask you how many hours per week of community service have you done. Being in the student council and helping/organizing in school events also adds material to your application.
If you have enough money you can apply to summer school of institutions like Harvard etc in USA or Cambridge etc in UK. Note that they might have very early deadlines.

I take it that you are applying to Harvard. Then I have an advice for you. Dont mess up your SAT.I planned to give my SAT 1 in december (didnt get a good score so I couldnt retake it due to the deadlines. and so I didnt apply.) My advice is to take SAT1 in may/june and then retake as necessary. and SAT 2 in december.(only if you are sure you'd get a good score. other wise take SAT2 before december and repeat in december.)

I prepare your essays recommendations etc very carefully. I applied to Cambridge and got rejected even for the interview.(due to the weak application for an institution like Cambridge.) They have an extensive application unlike any other university in UK. But I got offers from Kings London Imperial London Durham and Edinburgh.

Reaction score
I didnt APPLY to harvard :D I'm still in o-levels.
I'm from beaconhouse ... and our school aint into this internship thingy ... so i'm trying to find out about them myself. Thanks :D

Reaction score
I didnt APPLY to harvard :D I'm still in o-levels.
I'm from beaconhouse ... and our school aint into this internship thingy ... so i'm trying to find out about them myself. Thanks :D
No school is into interships. You have to look for them yourself.