• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is Add Maths Compulsory?

Reaction score
Salaam Guyzz.
I want to do Engineering and Recently doing O'Levels so i wanted to ask that Is Add Maths Compulsory to study??

Reaction score
Salaam Guyzz.
I want to do Engineering and Recently doing O'Levels so i wanted to ask that Is Add Maths Compulsory to study??

No, but success in engineering would be proportional to a solid basic background of maths, and Add maths helps big time

Reaction score
Salaam Guyzz.
Without addmaths A level maths would be Extremely difficult for you. So O level addmaths is highly recommended if you want to study Engineering.

Reaction score
Without addmaths A level maths would be Extremely difficult for you. So O level addmaths is highly recommended if you want to study Engineering.

I disagree....

I did A'level maths without doing addmaths in o'level.Granted,you need to put more hard work compared to students who have done o'level addmath but it is not impossible. There are many students who get great grades in A'level math without doing o'level addmath.

Reaction score
I disagree....

I did A'level maths without doing addmaths in o'level.Granted,you need to put more hard work compared to students who have done o'level addmath but it is not impossible. There are many students who get great grades in A'level math without doing o'level addmath.
I did nt say its impossible but its way more difficult. For o level admaths students, p1 is a piece of cake! Non admaths student have to do it from scrap which is difficult. So its beter if this guy takes admaths or else he might regret it when he goes to A level.

Reaction score
Put it this way. For a non-add math student a lvl math WONT be extremely difficult BUT for an add math student it wud be EXTREMELY easy

Reaction score
Put it this way. For a non-add math student a lvl math WONT be extremely difficult BUT for an add math student it wud be EXTREMELY easy
One thing is for sure, without admaths one will have to achieve a miracle to do well in A level further maths! Engineering students should have o level addmaths, and take both maths and further maths in A levels to make a very competitive application in top universities. Don't discourage this guy. I am sure he will really regret it in the future if he does nt take admaths.

Reaction score
One thing is for sure, without admaths one will have to achieve a miracle to do well in A level further maths! Engineering students should have o level addmaths, and take both maths and further maths in A levels to make a very competitive application in top universities. Don't discourage this guy. I am sure he will really regret it in the future if he does nt take admaths.
i am not discouraging. in fact i would also recommend him to take add maths. Yes if u plan to take further maths in A lvl, then add math is kinda must. BUT add maths and further maths are never compulsory in ny course in any university, but still they put some impression when u apply. do further maths in a lvl only if u are exceptional at maths

Reaction score
Salaam Guyzz.

better to study add maths now for a solid foundation in alevel maths and then engineering, however it is not compulsiry...

Reaction score
If u wanna do engineering, addmaths would be of great help. it is not compulsory but highly recommended. :)

Reaction score
guys, i'm gonna do A level now and wanted to do maths, but not so sure I have passed addmaths, do u think I can do maths for a level, without passing in additional maths