• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is it okay to do CIE Mathematics Papers with a Pencil?

Reaction score
Like the topic said,

I have a bad habit on doing it on Pencil during my O Level papers, because my careless mistakes.
I don't like to cross out all my stuff and redo again if I do it on Pen.

Sean.

Reaction score
I did all the questions which I thought I could make silly mistakes in with pencils

Reaction score
NEVER USE A PENCIL UNTIL IT IS MENTIONED ON THE PAPER EXCEPT FOR DIAGRAM, SKETCHES AND LABELLING....! They will deduct marks for this...

Reaction score
NEVER USE A PENCIL UNTIL IT IS MENTIONED ON THE PAPER EXCEPT FOR DIAGRAM, SKETCHES AND LABELLING....! They will deduct marks for this...
Hi! This same query was raised at the cambridge teachers support forum. From there I read that NO-ONE is penalized for writing anything in pencils. Whether you write it in pencils or pens or whatever (except red/green pens as they are used by examiners :p ) you can write in anything. If you don't believe me, here is the proof:
upload_2015-8-5_21-47-22.png

Reaction score
Hi! This same query was raised at the cambridge teachers support forum. From there I read that NO-ONE is penalized for writing anything in pencils. Whether you write it in pencils or pens or whatever (except red/green pens as they are used by examiners :p ) you can write in anything. If you don't believe me, here is the proof:
View attachment 55573
Ahan well lucky them... But what if I do rough working with pencil which is of no use on the sides of paper and do nit erase them? :S

Reaction score
Ahan well lucky them... But what if I do rough working with pencil which is of no use on the sides of paper and do nit erase them? :S
I think it won't make a difference although there are times when pencil marks don't appear when scanned so it is always better to highlight your working with a pen.

Reaction score
I think it won't make a difference although there are times when pencil marks don't appear when scanned so it is always better to highlight your working with a pen.
Wait, how they actually send my papers to the UK to be marked ?

Since I live across abroad in Malaysia.
Don't tell me they would rather scan my paper onto the computer and sent to the UK instead?

Reaction score
Wait, how they actually send my papers to the UK to be marked ?

Since I live across abroad in Malaysia.
Don't tell me they would rather scan my paper onto the computer and sent to the UK instead?
From what I've heard they scan as well as send the answer booklets.