• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Know that you are unique!

Reaction score
Assalamu Alaikum My Dear Brothers and Sisters of Islam!
May you always find peace and happiness wherever you go! Ameen.
Just so that you know that your are one of a kind, I have created this thread so that you would erase all kinds of misconceptions from your hearts, about yourself being inferior or unlucky... Lets see what you think of yourself after reading this.
I would like all of you to reply with a list of the good things in you, for which you have been appreciated in your life. Even if it was a smile, please share! It feels good to know that you are not that bad after all! And please be honest!!

SO, SHALL WE BEGIN??

A Crow Lived in the Forest and was absolutely satisfied in life.
But one day he saw a swan... This swan is so white and I am so black...crow thought.

This swan must be the happiest bird in the world.

He expressed his thoughts to the swan. "Actually," the swan replied,

"I was feeling that I was the happiest bird around until I saw a parrot, which has two colors. I now think the parrot is the happiest bird in creation."

The crow then approached the parrot. The parrot explained, "I lived a very happy life—until I saw a peacock. I have only two colors, but the peacock has multiple colors."

The crow then visited a peacock in the zoo and saw that hundreds of people had gathered to see him.

After the people had left, The crow approached the Peacock..

Dear Peacock, You are so beautiful. Every day thousands of people come to see you. When people see me, they immediately shoo me away. I think you are the happiest bird on the planet.

The peacock replied, I always thought that I was the most beautiful and happy bird on the planet. But because of my beauty, I am entrapped in this zoo.

I have examined the zoo very carefully, and I have realized that the crow is the only bird not kept in a cage.

So for past few days I have been thinking that if I were a crow, I could happily roam everywhere.

That's our problem too.

We make unnecessary comparison with others and become sad.

We don't value what Allah has BLESSED us

All this leads to the vicious cycle of unhappiness .

Value the things that Allah has given us. Celebrate your uniqueness

Learn the secret of being HAPPY by counting your Blessings and discard the comparison which leads only to unhappiness

Reaction score
Just so that you know that your are one of a kind, I have created this thread so that you would erase all kinds of misconceptions from your hearts, about yourself being inferior or unlucky... Lets see what you think of yourself after reading this.
I would like all of you to reply with a list of the good things in you, for which you have been appreciated in your life. Even if it was a smile, please share! It feels good to know that you are not that bad after all! And please be honest!!

SO, SHALL WE BEGIN??

But one day he saw a swan... This swan is so white and I am so black...crow thought.

"I was feeling that I was the happiest bird around until I saw a parrot, which has two colors. I now think the parrot is the happiest bird in creation."

The crow then approached the parrot. The parrot explained, "I lived a very happy life—until I saw a peacock. I have only two colors, but the peacock has multiple colors."

The crow then visited a peacock in the zoo and saw that hundreds of people had gathered to see him.

Dear Peacock, You are so beautiful. Every day thousands of people come to see you. When people see me, they immediately shoo me away. I think you are the happiest bird on the planet.

The peacock replied, I always thought that I was the most beautiful and happy bird on the planet. But because of my beauty, I am entrapped in this zoo.

I have examined the zoo very carefully, and I have realized that the crow is the only bird not kept in a cage.

So for past few days I have been thinking that if I were a crow, I could happily roam everywhere.

That's our problem too.

Learn the secret of being HAPPY by counting your Blessings and discard the comparison which leads only to unhappiness

This is by far my favorite post on here! Reading this simply made my day. It's so relatable and very inspiring, just truly beautiful. I simply love it.
Thank you for posting it. It made me smile :')

Reaction score
This is by far my favorite post on here! Reading this simply made my day. It's so relatable and very inspiring, just truly beautiful. I simply love it.
Thank you for posting it. It made me smile :')
Jazakallahu Khairan! Thank you for smiling! So, that means... one act of charity! Whoa! Alhamdulillah !:) S, pls share your best qualities, if you want to feel even more good!:)

Reaction score
Jazakallahu Khairan! Thank you for smiling! So, that means... one act of charity! Whoa! Alhamdulillah !:) S, pls share your best qualities, if you want to feel even more good!:)
hehe yes charity! ^_^
Well...there's a lot I dislike about myself. But there are things people like about me, which I think might be true.
I'm sweet at times.
I can accept my mistakes, like I often won't argue. (Sometimes even if I know I'm right)
One thing I really am cautious about is, not hurting people.
I love making people happy, even if it leaves me sad.
I can do anything to make my parents proud/happy.
uh..that was too difficult to admit. I think these are enough :D

Reaction score
hehe yes charity! ^_^
Well...there's a lot I dislike about myself. But there are things people like about me, which I think might be true.
I'm sweet at times.
I can accept my mistakes, like I often won't argue. (Sometimes even if I know I'm right)
One thing I really am cautious about is, not hurting people.
I love making people happy, even if it leaves me sad.
I can do anything to make my parents proud/happy.
uh..that was too difficult to admit. I think these are enough :D
May Allah always improve your good abilities and erase your bad ones and grant you eternal happiness in Paradise! Ameen:)(y)

Reaction score

SO, SHALL WE BEGIN??

That's our problem too.

WoW MashaAllah :) this is best thread ever! i loved it :)

qualities in me are im soft-heated, well this has disadvantage as well but still...
and im a friendly person, obedient,most of the time im sweet :p, i can easily make people happy, and im not bad in looks :p
the best thing i like in me is i try not to hurt someone, if a person is sad coz of me, i really feel guilty until s/he forgive me :p
im regular to my prayers and happy to have the best family ever! :D
and i dont like self-praising :p:LOL:

Reaction score

SO, SHALL WE BEGIN??

That's our problem too.

Superb job Afnan Bhai(y):)
i just have to tell my qualities or disqualities as well??:p

Reaction score
WoW MashaAllah :) this is best thread ever! i loved it :)

qualities in me are im soft-heated, well this has disadvantage as well but still...
and im a friendly person, obedient,most of the time im sweet :p, i can easily make people happy, and im not bad in looks :p
the best thing i like in me is i try not to hurt someone, if a person is sad coz of me, i really feel guilty until s/he forgive me :p
im regular to my prayers and happy to have the best family ever! :D
and i dont like self-praising :p:LOL:
May Allah always keep you like this and better !

Reaction score

SO, SHALL WE BEGIN??

That's our problem too.

WWOOWW!! :D It's so inspiring and soul-touching dear. :") It's worth of tears of happiness. :)

Reaction score
Just the good ones , because in this thread , we all are special ! :)
good good very good:p
soooo..:p
first of all :p m soo much friendly and make my colleagues to laugh hard;)
i m an obedient bacha of my parents:p
ummmmmm.... Ah.. i m a good athlete as well:Das i run soo fast:LOL:
And the most prominant one is:cool::D!!!! i have a loud voice and i dont need any speaker:p
well these r my few qualities which i remembered :) and i m pretty sure that i have many more qualities to whom i m not fimiliar yet:p

Reaction score
good good very good:p
soooo..:p
first of all :p m soo much friendly and make my colleagues to laugh hard;)
i m an obedient bacha of my parents:p
ummmmmm.... Ah.. i m a good athlete as well:Das i run soo fast:LOL:
And the most prominant one is:cool::D!!!! i have a loud voice and i dont need any speaker:p
well these r my few qualities which i remembered :) and i m pretty sure that i have many more qualities to whom i m not fimiliar yet:p
Very true! Keep discovering new talents and abilities and you'll never be sad! In sha Allah! :)