• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

M1

Reaction score
guys, from which year should the M1 past papers be solved inorder to be fully prepared?

i started from jan 2005

Reaction score
Started from 2005, finished till 2012.
It's all about practice. After finishing my past papers, I easily solve C1 in less than 35 min and M1 in 35-40 min.
Math's really fun when you get to know what's going on rather than solving without understanding.
If you need any help, feel free to ask. :)

Reaction score
I started from 2005, and did all the winter and summer ones too. And I have to admit, I couldn't agree more, it's all about practise, you get used to what they want you to do, and the styles are always very similar.
If you get in enough practice everything is good. It doesn't really matter when you start from, as long as you understand what you are doing :)

Reaction score
so guys how was the exam? I went in late, but thank god they allowed me to do the exam, I think the exam was veryy simple. can we speak about it yet?

Reaction score
so guys how was the exam? I went in late, but thank god they allowed me to do the exam, I think the exam was veryy simple. can we speak about it yet?
I think we can since edexcel exams are taken about the same time around the world. I thought the exam was ok, similar in difficulty with the last few years. Everything was straightforward i guess. So what marks are you aiming for?

Reaction score
I thought the exam was pretty good aswell. The question where the asked us to find the coefficient of friction got me thinkin and the very last question as well!

Reaction score
I thought the exam was pretty good aswell. The question where the asked us to find the coefficient of friction got me thinkin and the very last question as well!
how much did u get the coef? I had the F like around 7 and the normal contact at around 40 or something, and i got the coef at around 0.1 if I remmember correctly

Reaction score
mine was GREAT Alhamdulillah...
easiest paper since 09 i guess ;) we were real lucky :)
how much did u get the coef? I had the F like around 7 and the normal contact at around 40 or something, and i got the coef at around 0.1 if I remmember correctly
i dont remember it :/ but it was a decimal i think...

Reaction score
Last one? Newton's Law one?? the thrust part was hard :(

Reaction score
the thrust was easy, you just had to remove the forward force (driving force) then use the Fnet=ma equation to find the acceleration. The thrust was on the same direction as the friction force.

Reaction score
yeh, I think I gotta go prepare for my phys and chem exams, it seems when It's hard to study properly next to a computer. lol