• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Reaction score
Having solved the past papers multiple times, that nothing seems challenging to me anymore, I was looking for some really tough questions for the following topics:
-Everyday Mathematics
- Algebra
-Functions
-Graphs
-Number Sequence
-Co-ordinate geometry
-Inequalties.

Please note that the questions should be from PII. I have a super important test of the following topics, and I need all the help I can get.

Much obliged.

Reaction score
See, the problem with maths is that if you don't get difficult , challenging ques it becomes so boring and u loose your interest and everything seems to be so easy that you start having doubts abt yourself
Try solving the latest pastpapers , if you have done them them too then i guess you just chill out and relax, U've got enough practice
Best of luck for that super important test

Reaction score
See, the problem with maths is that if you don't get difficult , challenging ques it becomes so boring and u loose your interest and everything seems to be so easy that you start having doubts abt yourself
Try solving the latest pastpapers , if you have done them them too then i guess you just chill out and relax, U've got enough practice
Best of luck for that super important test
Thank you for your well wishes! Chilling isn't exactly my forte haha, but I'll try! :)

Reaction score
Thank you for your well wishes! Chilling isn't exactly my forte haha, but I'll try! :)
Chilling helps, from my experience the day before the phy p2 exam , i was all cool and relaxrd....no worries at all amd i had a good night's sleep so on the exam day i was fresh, therefore i was able to think clearly.Later on i got all the mcqs right 40/40. While the others who studied late night and took all the tension did'nt score raelly well

Reaction score
In some topics my math concepts are weak, should i first try reading the topics in my book, or rather i should directly start practicing past papers?
help please

Reaction score
In some topics my math concepts are weak, should i first try reading the topics in my book, or rather i should directly start practicing past papers?
help please
Just solving questions of topics you are struggling with won't get you anywhere. I suggest you solve them from the book first, and asses where it is your lacking. Having done that, you can work on those areas of improvement and then, move on to solving the past papers.

In all my years of studying Olevel maths, the first time I picked up the past papers was not more than 5 months ago. All along, I've been solving questions from the D-series and the workbook, after which solving the past papers seemed fairly easy.

Reaction score
Just solving questions of topics you are struggling with won't get you anywhere. I suggest you solve them from the book first, and asses where it is your lacking. Having done that, you can work on those areas of improvement and then, move on to solving the past papers.

In all my years of studying Olevel maths, the first time I picked up the past papers was not more than 5 months ago. All along, I've been solving questions from the D-series and the workbook, after which solving the past papers seemed fairly easy.

but i am left with 4 months only, i have to appear for 4 subjects other too. my teacher told me, just solve 5-6 years past papers own your own, they u would know the method and technique to solve every question

Reaction score
but i am left with 4 months only, i have to appear for 4 subjects other too. my teacher told me, just solve 5-6 years past papers own your own, they u would know the method and technique to solve every question
I would say solving 5-6 years is insufficient practice, given that you're not solving the book either. My teacher is going to make us solve the past papers of 38 years, which pretty much explains why most of our syllabus is still uncovered. but he's been doing it for years now, and I trust him to complete it before the CIEs.

Anyway, my point is that you're gonna have to do a lot more than just that. I also have my CIEs this year, and I have to juggle all the subjects together. You might have to work harder than you already are working, and push yourself a little more. I believe you can do it- good luck! :)

Reaction score
2010-2016 all variants will do the trick. Jumping on past papers is a shortcut which comes handy when you're short on time. You don't have enough time to solve book's questions since you gotta give time to other subjects too.
So I'd say solve past papers, wherever you find difficulty, consult with your friends/teacher. Good luck

Reaction score
I would say solving 5-6 years is insufficient practice, given that you're not solving the book either. My teacher is going to make us solve the past papers of 38 years, which pretty much explains why most of our syllabus is still uncovered. but he's been doing it for years now, and I trust him to complete it before the CIEs.

Anyway, my point is that you're gonna have to do a lot more than just that. I also have my CIEs this year, and I have to juggle all the subjects together. You might have to work harder than you already are working, and push yourself a little more. I believe you can do it- good luck! :)
First of all, I must mention that I do not intend to discourage you. But to give hope to average students.
Past papers before 2009 Will follow a different trend / set of questions. If you even manage to solve 2010-2016 all variants, you'll end up with an A/A*
No doubt one may solve as many as he/she wants. More practice is always beneficial but 2010-2016 can do the same job. Good luck to you too.

Reaction score
First of all, I must mention that I do not intend to discourage you. But to give hope to average students.
Past papers before 2009 Will follow a different trend / set of questions. If you even manage to solve 2010-2016 all variants, you'll end up with an A/A*
No doubt one may solve as many as he/she wants. More practice is always beneficial but 2010-2016 can do the same job. Good luck to you too.
I agree

Reaction score
Thank you. I've noticed that the questions back in the 90's were so much more difficult than what we have now. But solving them helps heaps.

They're challenging, a lot more than the latest ones, so once you're through with them, solving papers from the recent years isn't much of a task. And I believe the best way to prepare yourself for what is to come, is to brace yourself for the worst.

Plus, I like a good challenge so there's that.

Reaction score
Thank you. I've noticed that the questions back in the 90's were so much more difficult than what we have now. But solving them helps heaps.

They're challenging, a lot more than the latest ones, so once you're through with them, solving papers from the recent years isn't much of a task. And I believe the best way to prepare yourself for what is to come, is to brace yourself for the worst.

Plus, I like a good challenge so there's that.
Challenges are good. I was just trying to say that don't scare other people by mentioning that amount of past papers :D
The difficulty level / approach is different due to change of examiners. The current examiner isn't going to test you in the 90's approach, no need to worry.
I repeat, 2010-2016 all variants will do the job.

Reaction score
Challenges are good. I was just trying to say that don't scare other people by mentioning that amount of past papers :D
The difficulty level / approach is different due to change of examiners. The current examiner isn't going to test you in the 90's approach, no need to worry.
I repeat, 2010-2016 all variants will do the job.
ohh, haha. I wasn't aware that piece of information would come off as intimidating.