• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

NEED HELP!!!!

Reaction score
Can someone explain me current electricity of As level because i cant solve many past paper questions on it especially
N o8 qs 7. kindly provide any link if possible for under standing this topic relevantly to my syllabus.....;(
:oops:

Reaction score
The Wheatstone Bridge is designed to enable the calculation of unknown resistances. It is very accurate, and works on reducing the potential difference or current between A and B to zero. It is much easier and more accurate to change the variable resistorand estimate when the current is zero than to measure the voltage across a resistor, the current though a resistor then use the equation V=IR

Having obtained a zero reading on the resistor, the unknown resistance R_x could then be calculated because R2 and R3 are in the same ratio as R1 and Rcx hence
R1/R3 =R1/Rx

We rearrange this to make Rx the subject
any specific topic??????

:

Attachments

• a_level_physics_notes_wheatstone_bridge_html_m3c9d2b3b.gif
    a_level_physics_notes_wheatstone_bridge_html_m3c9d2b3b.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 171