• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Novels?

Reaction score
ok ppl!im finally free... suggest me some good novels urdu or english (or punjabi if u know any :p )

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Read Dan Brown's "Da Vinci Code" n "Angels and Demons" :)
n of Course the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer :)

Reaction score
Nibz said:
Read Dan Brown's "Da Vinci Code" n "Angels and Demons" :)
n of Course the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer :)

correct!!

u can also go for sidney sheldon's :
if tomorrow comes
doomsday conspiracy
the sky is falling

and there is mario puzo's The Godfather

Reaction score
i will if i get into NUST (inshAllah) otherwise, fast ki classes 9 aug se :|

Reaction score
Go to readings...u'll get all types of novels there
I bought Skywalkers X battalion
Awesome novel
and guess how much it costed me
:D
10 Rupees !
Otherwise i raed R.L Stine and if u have time a must read is Private Peaceful
and a Twist of gold
Download it from online
i am sure there will an online version !

Reaction score
try googling them or go to readings
u can get novels there as low as 10 rupees !
albeit their old !
:p

Reaction score
@dragoninja: I use to read R.L Stine too!, If you like tham then you ought too read "cirque du freak" by Darren Shan and its also known as "The saga of Darren Shan". It comprimises of 12 books. I have pdf format of the books if you wan em.

Well I have read bout hundreds of Agatha Christe's, I like them like anything.
Fredrick Forsyth is also one good writer.
and.... well I can go on like this forever so i better put a stop here.

Reaction score
If you like sci-fi/fantasy then go for Inheritance cycle: Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr by Christopher Paolini.
Lord Of the rings is an excellent read, I'm sure you probably know about Harry Potter.
Ranger's apprentice is also good read, and so is Cirque the Freak series by Darren Shan but I didn't like the ending, so I won't recommend it strongly.

If you like the paranormal romance/Young Adult genre n are into the twilight series, then I recommend Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith, Fallen by Lauren Kate, Strange angels series by Lili St. Crow is also a great read, I absolutely loved it. [It consists of 3 books; Strange angels, Betrayals and Jealousy. The fourth and last book defiance will be released in April 2011]
The mortal instrument series by Cassandra Clare is another excellent read. It's one of my favorite series. It has three parts .
City of bones, City of Ashes and City of glass.
Oh and hush hush by becca fitzpatrick is also a good rad but part 2 crescendo it just plain right annoying.

The Hunger games series by Suzanne Collins is an excellent read, it was unique and very different, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

If you're into Paulo Coelho then The alchemist is good, but honestly speaking, I didn't like it and I have no idea how that book became an international best seller.

If you're looking for autobiographies, Chords of Strength by David Archuleta was really good. It was very uplifting and motivating, again another great read.

I think thats a lot of books for now
haha

Oh n btw you can download them from www.4shared.com

Reaction score
@ Arlery. Alchemist maybe is a very dry book. But it is one of the most inspiring reads. It is all about the quote 'If you desire something from deep inside your heart, then the whole universe conspires you to achieve it' or something like this. I won't ever for get it, though, I read it 4-5 years ago.
Dan Brown's novels are the best. Twilight series gets boring as you keep reading. Sidney sheldon can't keep your interest once you have read about 4-5 of his novels. Agatha Christie is not bad.
My advice to everyone, try reading the books by writers of south asian descent. Go for The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (Afghani), Moth Smoke by Mohsin Hamid (Pakistani), Five Point Someone by Chetan Bhagat (Indian) and other books by these writers. They might not be as enthralling as Dan Brown's novels. But still they always give you a sense of social responsibility and allow you recognise what you are doing in your society.

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
@ Arlery. Alchemist maybe is a very dry book. But it is one of the most inspiring reads. It is all about the quote 'If you desire something from deep inside your heart, then the whole universe conspires you to achieve it' or something like this. I won't ever for get it, though, I read it 4-5 years ago.
Dan Brown's novels are the best. Twilight series gets boring as you keep reading. Sidney sheldon can't keep your interest once you have read about 4-5 of his novels. Agatha Christie is not bad.
My advice to everyone, try reading the books by writers of south asian descent. Go for The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (Afghani), Moth Smoke by Mohsin Hamid (Pakistani), Five Point Someone by Chetan Bhagat (Indian) and other books by these writers. They might not be as enthralling as Dan Brown's novels. But still they always give you a sense of social responsibility and allow you recognise what you are doing in your society.

Ah yes; how could I forget. Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini is one of the best books I've come across and always brings tears to my eyes. So does A thousand splendid suns but I prefer Kite runner because a thousand splendid suns gets depressing after a while and since my mood always variates according to the type of material I read, I therefore prefer fiction [elves preferably :D ] ofcourse I read non fiction too but then everyone's choice is different.

Nineteen minute by Jodi piccoult is also a good book but it was very depressing so I skipped to the ending, you might enjoy it though.

Reaction score
Do you think I enjoy depressing novels? NO. Life is much more than getting sad.
Fiction is fun at times, but it totally depends on the writer. Lord of the rings and Harry Potter are exceptional. Twilight and Eragon series have their pros and cons.

Reaction score
@ dudes and possible dudets
Would love to read all the above suggested ones but got my Cambridge exams coming up
and my personal advice to those people who dont read books (ofcourse not u guys up there ) :D
Start reading books
Their gonna increase ur vocab like hell and u'll easily ace any english exam if u know the technique that is
and R.L stine lovers
My cousins also read R.L stine
I read his books like when i was 10 or something and all the bad things happen to 12 year olds...
ever notice that
btw Anon i'll try to read the books u suggested
and i have read the whole harry potter books and seriously speaking
every book has international best seller printed on it
What the Hell ?
That aint right is it ?
and though twilight has hit no. 1
i havent got the concept of it
very boring and dull !

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
Do you think I enjoy depressing novels? NO. Life is much more than getting sad.
Fiction is fun at times, but it totally depends on the writer. Lord of the rings and Harry Potter are exceptional. Twilight and Eragon series have their pros and cons.

True that; LOTR is one of the best fantasy books, and so is Harry Potter.