• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Novels

Reaction score
HEY EVERYONE! Any ideas for their plots :cool:
Do u mean the novels we suggested? If yes
so
THE MAYOR OF CASTERBRIDGE (the life n death of a man of character)
henchard ws with his wife(susan) n little daughter( elizabeth jane) . He ws drunk n den sold her wife n daughter in anger to a salesman. Hnext morning wen he recovered he thought of da mistake he made bt susan ws nowhere. He vowed nvr to drink liquor.
18 yrs latr he is mayor of casterbridge n successful corn merchant. No one knowe his secret. On his way to jersey he falls in love wid lucetta n has relationship wid her. They wanted to marry bt legally susan ws still his wife. Wen he returns, suddenly susan n elizabeth jane appear in poor condition. Henchard n susan r re united. A scottish person farfrae helps hencgard in business n bcomes his friend. Farfrae grows in respect while henchard decline. Dey begin ti hv conflicts. Den elizabeth also falls in luv wid farfrae n dey part. Henchard business declines. Lucetta alsi comes to town. She inherited money frm relative. Henchard bullies her to marry him bt she elopes wid farfrae n gets married.
Bt wat will happen wen henchard cones to know that his elizabeth had dued n dis ws daughter of sailor newson. Wat will happen wen henchard s love letters r publicized. This is really a tragic story. U guys should try it

Reaction score
I am sure everyone must have read any novel and such stuff. Why not we share some of them here, and recommend and comment on them!!!
If you want an easy read, guessing from your post up there ^, then you should read the Percy Jackson series. It is great, the vocabulary is easy, and the best thing of all for new readers, the story is quite fast paced, meaning you won't get bored at all. It is based on greek gods in the modern world, and it really is good.

Btw, what is the "god of small things about"? I heard an indian wrote it, and from what i know, isn't the book huge?

My favorites include Tolkien, George Martin and Rowling :)

Any recommendations in the fantasy genre? (nothing related to vampires pls, or romance :p )

Reaction score
If you want an easy read, guessing from your post up there ^, then you should read the Percy Jackson series. It is great, the vocabulary is easy, and the best thing of all for new readers, the story is quite fast paced, meaning you won't get bored at all. It is based on greek gods in the modern world, and it really is good.

Btw, what is the "god of small things about"? I heard an indian wrote it, and from what i know, isn't the book huge?

My favorites include Tolkien, George Martin and Rowling :)

Any recommendations in the fantasy genre? (nothing related to vampires pls, or romance :p )

If you mean lengthy bu the word huge, its of Ideal length. Don't go to its number of pages. :mad:
I have started The God of Small Things these days and its far more better than any other novel I have read so far. Even I find it better than Dan Brown and The series of Harry Potter. The use words is so easy, and plot, amazing. (y)
Its a story of twins, Estha (male) and Rahel (female), facing the extreme stark realities and difficulties of life.
But you can only understand it when you are in a routine of reading novels, or have at least read any of novels with that style of description (e.g. Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, even enough for reading its first few chapters) not vocabulary-wise.
You can find more about it on Wikipedia, the novel also holds a prize.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_God_of_Small_Things

Another which I recommend as humorous is "The day when my but went psycho" by Andy Griffiths.

Reaction score
If you mean lengthy bu the word huge, its of Ideal length. Don't go to its number of pages. :mad:
I have started The God of Small Things these days and its far more better than any other novel I have read so far. Even I find it better than Dan Brown and The series of Harry Potter. The use words is so easy, and plot, amazing. (y)
Its a story of twins, Estha (male) and Rahel (female), facing the extreme stark realities and difficulties of life.
But you can only understand it when you are in a routine of reading novels, or have at least read any of novels with that style of description (e.g. Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, even enough for reading its first few chapters) not vocabulary-wise.
You can find more about it on Wikipedia, the novel also holds a prize.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_God_of_Small_Things

Another which I recommend as humorous is "The day when my but went psycho" by Andy Griffiths.

How can one not go to number of pages when looking at the length of a novel -____-

Understanding isn't gonna be much of a problem for me i think. Though i still don't understand why you are comparing Angels and Demons for description, cuz that novel is not really that descriptive :p

Reaction score
1. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
2. The Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larrson
3. A Romance of Three Kingdoms by Luo Guanzhong
4. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
5. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
6.Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
7. Neuromancer by William Gibson
8. Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling
9. A Song of Ice and Fire by George.R.R Martin
10.And the Mountains Echoed and A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseni
11.Moth Smoke by Mohsin Hamid

Reaction score
1. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
2. The Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larrson
3. A Romance of Three Kingdoms by Luo Guanzhong
4. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
5. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
6.Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
7. Neuromancer by William Gibson
8. Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling
9. A Song of Ice and Fire by George.R.R Martin
10.And the Mountains Echoed and A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseni
11.Moth Smoke by Mohsin Hamid

What about number 3? Did you read a translation? It's one of the four great chinese classic o_O, would you recommend it?