• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PHYSICS - ESTIMATION:::PLZ HELP

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!! :)

the syllabus outcome 1(g) make reasonable estimates of physical quantities included within the syllabus

i wonder if anyone has some trick for this ;) i'm really bad at estimates :( any help?..bcoz u get like a 4 mark question and i dont want to simply lose marks for just a simple thing :eek:

Reaction score
it doesnot always come..!! and there are some estimate u can compare...as for example..mass of an apple....now think the number of apples u get in 1kg...u must have bought it....it usually will b 4 to 6 on average...so..simply considering 5 apples in 1kg..mass of an apple=200g...........and many more..this is just an example...!! now other one is..."the diameter of a hair".....now i think u cannot do a comparision here..!! so better practice all past papers....and ask ur teachers what are the likely questions to come...and memorize it...for the hair type of question..!! i did the same..

Reaction score
you need to practice a lot of past papers and use common sense to give the answers.
For eg,
Mass of pen: 20-80 g
Mass of hair: somewhere 0.01 g
They don't want a pricise answer because objects have variation. They just want to check how you think with you see an object.

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
Assalamoalaikum!! :)

the syllabus outcome 1(g) make reasonable estimates of physical quantities included within the syllabus

i wonder if anyone has some trick for this ;) i'm really bad at estimates :( any help?..bcoz u get like a 4 mark question and i dont want to simply lose marks for just a simple thing :eek:
Waalikumussalam!
By the time you complete your A2 physics,you'll be able to get all of them right!
GOOD LUCK!

Reaction score
And if you have estimate the thickness of a sheet of paper..... Count the number of sheets given in your exam...... Then measure the thickness with a scale..... and divide it by the number of sheets.....
Hahaha nice one!