• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PLEASE HELP ME!!! Repeating chemistry !!!

Reaction score
helloo so im thinking about repeating chemistry bc I got a C in it. (AS). I missed my B by one mark. Is it possible to up my grade to a B without repeating ? Because I’m very stressed about how I’ll manage to repeat when I have A2 to study too, for chem, physics and bio. Please guide me ): thank you.

Reaction score
Well, there isn't really much to say here. You shouldn't really bother resitting because it's just one percent off anyways. As long as you get 71% in the A2 section you can get a B. However if you're not confident at all in A2 I would suggest resitting to get a much higher mark in AS chemistry to compensate for your A2. If you can't get an A in AS chem to compensate, then just don't resit it as it'll jsut be a waste of time.

Reaction score
You should not repeat if you are ONLY confidient in A2. One of my friends got a 'c' grade for AS levels but in A2 he got an 'A', 82%. He was confidient with his A2 materials.

Reaction score
Well, there isn't really much to say here. You shouldn't really bother resitting because it's just one percent off anyways. As long as you get 71% in the A2 section you can get a B. However if you're not confident at all in A2 I would suggest resitting to get a much higher mark in AS chemistry to compensate for your A2. If you can't get an A in AS chem to compensate, then just don't resit it as it'll jsut be a waste of time.
thank you sooo much!! yes, after thinking and speaking to other students as well, you’re correct. AS will be a waste of time unless I’m confident in it, but since I’m more confident in A2, I have decided not to repeat. Again, thank you so much, you’ve helped a lot ❤️

Reaction score
You should not repeat if you are ONLY confidient in A2. One of my friends got a 'c' grade for AS levels but in A2 he got an 'A', 82%. He was confidient with his A2 materials.
thank you so much!!! thank you, really, for this sound advice. I’ve decided not to repeat as I’m more confident with A2 than AS and I also don’t want to ruin my other subjects. Thank you for giving an example of your friend, now I know that it’s possible. ❤️

Reaction score
thank you sooo much!! yes, after thinking and speaking to other students as well, you’re correct. AS will be a waste of time unless I’m confident in it, but since I’m more confident in A2, I have decided not to repeat. Again, thank you so much, you’ve helped a lot ❤️
You're welcome :) good luck on your future endeavours.