• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Please need some help for retaking A level Chemistry ...

What should I do ?

• Should I repeat

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Or no ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Hey there ,Dear colleagues,students and mentors .
I want your kind help please help me I'm stuck in tough situation .
The issue is that,I gave my As Chemistry exam in May/June 2015 and then I got the certificate for my As Chemistry, after that i gave my Chemistry A2 exam in May/June 2017 .unfortunately I wasn't knowing that we can only carry forward marks of As for 13months period i was unaware of that no even guided me neither the British Council told me .Now after 3 months I got an email from British Council saying that I've exceeded the time limit for carrying the marks forward in this case the Cambridge will write my As chemistry grade as absent in which I got C grade I even have certificate and for my A2 Chemistry they will not give me any grade which is really horrendous ,I'm really upset and depressed all my hardworking and money also went waste .The CIE told me the solution for this is to repeat full A level chemistry which is really terrible I have to pay all the fee again the practicals and all that this isn't an issue I will pay again but I don't wanna start again from the beginning its really tough .I already wasted 3 years and still I have to study more :-\ . at the moment I was applying for Universities but unfortunately this problem arose . so dears kindly please help me my humble request .
What should I do ,should i repeat the Full chemistry is it necessary ,as I want to apply for Engineering at universities ,I know they require 3 subjects ,chem,maths&physics
I have full result of A level physics and maths and for chemistry I just have certificate of As Chemistry so is it fine to go with it or its mandatory to repeat Chemistry again please someone help me out I will be great full to you .
I thank you in Advance from the bottom of my heart please help me ?
I'm really stuck

Reaction score
Did you take any more subjects other than Physics, Chemistry and Maths in A-Level? (AS or A2)

If so, calculate your total credit. For a complete A-Level subject, you will get credit of 1 but subjects like GP only gets half credit. If your credit exceeds 3.5 then you shouldn't retake the exam. and What's your major? Does the university, you're applying to, require you to have Chemistry at high school? Check university's requirement or contact them.....

Reaction score
Did you take any more subjects other than Physics, Chemistry and Maths in A-Level? (AS or A2)

If so, calculate your total credit. For a complete A-Level subject, you will get credit of 1 but subjects like GP only gets half credit. If your credit exceeds 3.5 then you shouldn't retake the exam. and What's your major? Does the university, you're applying to, require you to have Chemistry at high school? Check university's requirement or contact them.....
Nah mate I just gave these 3 exams . btw you gave me a good idea thanks alot I'll check that with the University .:)

Reaction score
hey
Nah mate I just gave these 3 exams . btw you gave me a good idea thanks alot I'll check that with the University .:)
usama waheed..did you give your exams privately?? if yes so how do they arrange for your practical practice or finals?

Reaction score
Hey there ,Dear colleagues,students and mentors .
I want your kind help please help me I'm stuck in tough situation .
The issue is that,I gave my As Chemistry exam in May/June 2015 and then I got the certificate for my As Chemistry, after that i gave my Chemistry A2 exam in May/June 2017 .unfortunately I wasn't knowing that we can only carry forward marks of As for 13months period i was unaware of that no even guided me neither the British Council told me .Now after 3 months I got an email from British Council saying that I've exceeded the time limit for carrying the marks forward in this case the Cambridge will write my As chemistry grade as absent in which I got C grade I even have certificate and for my A2 Chemistry they will not give me any grade which is really horrendous ,I'm really upset and depressed all my hardworking and money also went waste .The CIE told me the solution for this is to repeat full A level chemistry which is really terrible I have to pay all the fee again the practicals and all that this isn't an issue I will pay again but I don't wanna start again from the beginning its really tough .I already wasted 3 years and still I have to study more :-\ . at the moment I was applying for Universities but unfortunately this problem arose . so dears kindly please help me my humble request .
What should I do ,should i repeat the Full chemistry is it necessary ,as I want to apply for Engineering at universities ,I know they require 3 subjects ,chem,maths&physics
I have full result of A level physics and maths and for chemistry I just have certificate of As Chemistry so is it fine to go with it or its mandatory to repeat Chemistry again please someone help me out I will be great full to you .
I thank you in Advance from the bottom of my heart please help me ?
I'm really stuck

i suggest you solve more past questions