• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post your AS-Level Mathematics (P1 and M1) doubts here.

Reaction score
Post all your doubts of P1 and M1. Surely I will solve them.

AFTER UR DOUBT GETS SOLVED PLEASE PRAY TO GOD FOR MY BEST GRADE CHEMISTRY!!!! PLEASE!!!

Reaction score
in P1 where we're asked to find out the range of x, i always find this one thing really difficult. the ASTC thing is soo confusing, like i can easily find out the lowest value of x but finding out the highest one is always soo confusing, my friend tried explaining it to me but that didn't really help. i still find it really confusing, can u please tell me an easier way to find it? thank you

Reaction score
n also can u please tell me how much do we need to score (marks) to get an A in p1? oh n in s1 aswell :)

Reaction score
Dealing with the range for a function is very easy. Its like a validity of a function.
For a given function f(x) there will be a given condition, such as f(x)>0; f(x)<0 or f(x)=0 or any damn value.

In trigonometry I prefer to use method other than ASTC.
My method is graphical one. Its HELL TOO EASY THAN ASTC.

Its example has been shown in the attached JPG file.
But, IF u are choosy towards it then this link is really helpful to you (http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-revision/syllabuses/CIE/period-1/P1/module.php) its ch. 5 is all abt trigo. The link here will help u out in all chapters of P1 and S1.

My method is graphical one. Its HELL TOO EASY THAN ASTC.

Its example has been shown in the attached JPG file.

For ur grades, its totally dependent on threshold for grades what CIE sets after examinations. BUT BRO WHY TO BE DEPENDENT ON THRESHOLDS, YOU WILL STAND STRONG UPON OUR LEGS!!! U must score atleast 65/75 in P1 and 43/50 in S1to be on safer side.

FEEL FREE TO POST UR DOUBTS ANY TIME!!!

AND PL. DONT FORGET TO PRAY FOR MY A GRADE IN CHEMISTRY.

Attachments

• nn.JPG
    nn.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 115
Reaction score
btw, if i score an A in P1 and a C or D in S1, do u think I can still get an A overall?

I think you are asking a bit too steep here.... a B would still give you an A if you try hard, but a C or a D is just too steep and i dont hink it would be easy to end up with an A....

Reaction score
btw, if i score an A in P1 and a C or D in S1, do u think I can still get an A overall?
But dont worry! S1 was is a piece of cake! not much to learn in it as most of the formulas are given in the "mathematical and statistical tables" booklet so no worries! :)

Reaction score
I think you are asking a bit too steep here.... a B would still give you an A if you try hard, but a C or a D is just too steep and i dont hink it would be easy to end up with an A....
then i think its different for math because ive seen people here on xpc who got B A C or B A B in their Chem n Physics P1 P2 and P3 and still got an A overall

Reaction score
then i think its different for math because ive seen people here on xpc who got B A C or B A B in their Chem n Physics P1 P2 and P3 and still got an A overall

That is because Chem and Physics papers have a different weight like P1 has 36% i think and so on......i dont htink Maths would have that....but not really sure.....

Reaction score
But dont worry! S1 was is a piece of cake! not much to learn in it as most of the formulas are given in the "mathematical and statistical tables" booklet so no worries! :)
lol i dont find it that easy, do u think 5 days would be enough to prepare for S1? its weightage is 30% of the whole paper anyways :p

Reaction score
lol i dont find it that easy, do u think 5 days would be enough to prepare for S1? its weightage is 30% of the whole paper anyways :p

lol then good luck with that! i jsut realised that im giving edexcel maths so we dont have weightage.....so my bad :/

Reaction score
Ya and does anyone has notes for p1 integration as questions of integration just go above my head