• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

POST YOUR BIO AND CHEM PAPER 1 DOUBT HERE !!!!

Reaction score
Capture.PNG CAN ANYONE HELP ME IN THIS QUESTION !! I AM NOT GETTING !!! HOW IT IS "D "

Reaction score
chemistry may/june 2007 question 3 can anyone explain it to me. ty :D

Reaction score
View attachment 11705 CAN ANYONE HELP ME IN THIS QUESTION !! I AM NOT GETTING !!! HOW IT IS "D "
a recessive gene can show up in the phenotype ONLY if the genes (allele pair) are HOMOZYGOUS.
for e.g.
If gene for Awesomeness is "A" and gene for non-awesomeness is "a".
(non-awesomeness, "a"= recessive , in this example)>
the non awesomeness characteristic will show up ONLY if the gene pair is "aa", which is homozygous.
lol, hope i made sense :)

Reaction score
a recessive gene can show up in the phenotype ONLY if the genes (allele pair) are HOMOZYGOUS.
for e.g.
If gene for Awesomeness is "A" and gene for non-awesomeness is "a".
(non-awesomeness, "a"= recessive , in this example)>
the non awesomeness characteristic will show up ONLY if the gene pair is "aa", which is homozygous.
lol, hope i made sense :)
t
THANK YOU !! GOT IT :)

Reaction score
I am kind of confused why hydration of SO3 to H2SO4 is not a redox reaction. SO3+H2O=H2SO4 I'll be really glad if someone could clarify this. :cool:

Reaction score
chemistry may/june 2007 question 3 can anyone explain it to me. ty :D
I believe that the boiling point for water is ' 100 C '. So it is lower than it Liquid X . So you eliminate choices C and D . Then in the the thermometer each line is worth 0.5 . Start first Half the one in pic. then start .5 then other .5 till you reach a value of 5.5 . So who is like 5.5 is ' 75.5 C' .

Reaction score
I believe that the boiling point for water is ' 100 C '. So it is lower than it Liquid X . So you eliminate choices C and D . Then in the the thermometer each line is worth 0.5 . Start first Half the one in pic. then start .5 then other .5 till you reach a value of 5.5 . So who is like 5.5 is ' 75.5 C' .
but how do we know how much each interval represents?

Reaction score
Emmm can anyone explain to me why "D" is th answer? :/
--> Oct/Nov 2004 Q.32 ^___^