• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Preparing for the SAT Reasoning Test

Reaction score
AoA, Xtremites!

This thread is intended for all those who may have problems related to the SAT. Members here have made numerous posts regarding testing centres, registration dates, the importance of the SAT, etc. This post is not for the aforementioned issues. Instead, post specific questions related to the subject matter here and have your doubts cleared. Your problems may relate to any of the three SAT sections:
  • Critical Reading
  • Writing Skills
  • Math
Happy posting and good luck! :)

Reaction score
um..hi. Im not sure i'll be taking the SATs, but well, i got to ask you something. Will you be helping the kids regarding the cirriculum? I mean have to taken it yourself? Thing is my best friend just registered for SAT 1, and she might need some help...so i was wondering if you could possibly help her?

Reaction score
um..hi. Im not sure i'll be taking the SATs, but well, i got to ask you something. Will you be helping the kids regarding the cirriculum? I mean have to taken it yourself? Thing is my best friend just registered for SAT 1, and she might need some help...so i was wondering if you could possibly help her?
Sure. I started this thread so that all problems can be posted at one place. Anyone who can help will attempt to do so, I hope.

Reaction score
Can anyone post any download links of The Official SAT Study Guide book or any other good SAT practice book please??? That woulde be really helpful. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hello Guys!!! Iam planning for SAT this november... My vocabulary is not so great, so iam finding myself into trouble in the critical reading section..Can anyone please upload some most important SAT words so that i can cram them??? Besides please help me regarding critical reading section? How can i approach it? Those long passages,, i simply cant understand them? please help me...

Reaction score
Hello Guys!!! Iam planning for SAT this november... My vocabulary is not so great, so iam finding myself into trouble in the critical reading section..Can anyone please upload some most important SAT words so that i can cram them??? Besides please help me regarding critical reading section? How can i approach it? Those long passages,, i simply cant understand them? please help me...
hii.
well, regarding vocabulary you can learn the words here: http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/SAT/1000 Common SAT Words.pdf. but i have heard that this is an old list. however, words are words and it's best knowing as many as you can. Also, buy the Barron's Hot Words book..thats ought to help you out a great deal!
now, for the passage-based reading, i recommend going throw the passage thoroughly and understanding what is written. look up the words that you do not understand. many books tell you not to do this as you are likely to waste your time, but i'd say while practicing put in as much concentration as you can. once you know how the passages are written and are better at the vocabulary part, no time shall be wasted.
good luck. :)

Reaction score
yea absolutely i also find english part most hard cz words are like just sooo tough!!! nd yea there is dis link of 1000 SAT words and i learnt many of them for my O level english however now when i did SAT practice test, I didn't find any word on the test matching from the list :( besides yea those english comprehension passages are very difficult to understand in the limited time given.

Reaction score
So how's the preparation coming along?
heyy.
preparation: total hahaha scene. :p Maths is harder than it looks, the questions just twist too much. Critical reading is fine, its even fun! :D oh and writing..God bless us with the writing part. :/ :p

Reaction score
I'm having difficulty in registering myself for SAT. For example, their asking my grade level. I'll be starting A2 now which is technically, a year ahead of grade 12. So which option should i choose? That I'm in 12th grade or no longer in high school? :s Someone please reply ASAP,thanks!

Reaction score
I'm having difficulty in registering myself for SAT. For example, their asking my grade level. I'll be starting A2 now which is technically, a year ahead of grade 12. So which option should i choose? That I'm in 12th grade or no longer in high school? :s Someone please reply ASAP,thanks!
I guess you should go with Grade 12; it probably doesn't matter. :)
Since you're appearing for the SAT, I suggest you edit your signature to: "When you sit alone, you sit with your past." You're = you are. :)

Reaction score
I'm curious as to why everyone here is doing the SAT. I mean why doesn't anyone else do the ACT? It's an equivalent qualification to the SAT-I and you don't receive guessing penalties! The science section in it is easy too and plus, the writing section is optional and most universities in my country don't require the writing ^.^ Please pardon me if it seems like I'm posting something irrelevant but I didn't know where I could post this, I'm just curious as to why no one's considering the ACT.

Reaction score
I guess you should go with Grade 12; it probably doesn't matter. :)
Since you're appearing for the SAT, I suggest you edit your signature to: "When you sit alone, you sit with your past." You're = you are. :)
Oh. I see :) Thanks alot for the help (y)
Lol, I never noticed that mistake ;)

Reaction score
what is the paper pattern for sat 1 ???? I mean critical writing. voacabulary; which type of??? where we have to use it?? in sentences or just have to give their meaning?? How much marks does sat paper 1 have?? and marks distribution?? can anyone help??? or it will be pleasing IF I can find a link where I can get awareness regarding these.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
what is the paper pattern for sat 1 ???? I mean critical writing. voacabulary; which type of??? where we have to use it?? in sentences or just have to give their meaning?? How much marks does sat paper 1 have?? and marks distribution?? can anyone help??? or it will be pleasing IF I can find a link where I can get awareness regarding these.
You need some serious guidance.
Go to Collegeboard.com to see the paper pattern etc.

Reaction score
One thing I am not getting is that when registering for sat paper I am asked for my High school which is neccessary to fill.

Unfortunately the list available on site doesnot have my school name??? there are only a few schools there. So nowe how can i move further without filling that portion. I need severe help. From those who have given sat papers

Nibz oldfashionedgirl arlery abcde

TSZ Glaedr93 killer22