• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Private candidates and regular candidates ( i.e through the school )

Reaction score
Peace be on you all!!
brothers/sisters, what's the difference, advantages/disadvantages, how does it affect your future and everything else about the above please. thank you, jazakAllah

Reaction score
Peace be on you all!!
brothers/sisters, what's the difference, advantages/disadvantages, how does it affect your future and everything else about the above please. thank you, jazakAllah

The qualifications you get inside school if it's a British school (e.g. O-Levels, IGCSE, etc.) are the same as if you do them externally (if they're the same qualification. It won't make any difference where you do them.

I guess a main difference is people usually do extra subjects as private candidates in the winter session before their school summer sessions as a way of gaining extra qualifications. People also use the winter session as private candidates as a chance to repeat any failed/poorly-performed subjects they did in the summer session in order to get better grades. If you do exams as a private candidate through the British Council, you usually have a greater selection of subject choices than a typical school as well.

Reaction score
Well By School Registration is Hassle Free.It's like the School does all your Work I.e Registration ,Getting entry Of statement and Result's. You Give ur exam in ur own School so U feel Comfortable and dont feel like a stranger.If u find any error in ur documents or difficulty school people helps u out .For example : My Friend Sur name Was Mistakenly written wrong so the school urgently replace it during the exams days . :) and lastly Our school didnot verify at the port of entry that it was the real Person while private people had to stay in long que's to get verified

Private candidates is hectic.

Reaction score
Well By School Registration is Hassle Free.It's like the School does all your Work I.e Registration ,Getting entry Of statement and Result's. You Give ur exam in ur own School so U feel Comfortable and dont feel like a stranger.If u find any error in ur documents or difficulty school people helps u out .For example : My Friend Sur name Was Mistakenly written wrong so the school urgently replace it during the exams days . :) and lastly Our school didnot verify at the port of entry that it was the real Person while private people had to stay in long que's to get verified

Private candidates is hectic.
JazakAllah for the reply, How else does it affect your admission into colleges or universities (later) ? Other than the grade factor

Reaction score
JazakAllah for the reply, How else does it affect your admission into colleges or universities (later) ? Other than the grade factor
Well if you do it privately then you won't get any transcript which is necessary for most university admission. Whilst doing it from a registered CIE Centre, i.e: School. You'll get a transcript and it would also help you participate in co and extra co-circular activities for which you'll get certificates, which play important role in getting admission.

Reaction score
Hmm
Nothing gets affected actually.
its the A graded Certificate that Matter's. But School have a Reputation I.e if u do ur olevels with Good grades from KGS than there's a reputation.Universities in Pak will Welcome u while private student have nothing related to school so there is no assurance that this person has done his/her olevel Legally

Reaction score
Well if you do it privately then you won't get any transcript which is necessary for most university admission. Whilst doing it from a registered CIE Centre, i.e: School. You'll get a transcript and it would also help you participate in co and extra co-circular activities for which you'll get certificates, which play important role in getting admission.
Transcript? SalmanPakRocks

Reaction score
And for example, I do my O levels privately and then do my a levels through a school, how will that affect my university chances? ( assuming I get A/a* ) Allah-willing