• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Question about paper 6's for Biology, Chemistry and Physics

Reaction score
Okay, they say it's a practical test that's 20% of my overall marks. Thing is, who will conduct these lab tests? They surely aren't going to fly all the way from England to here just to see me do simple lab tests. Could it be my own subject teacher?

Does this mean that the marks she give - let's say 20/20 will be valid and recorded?

If it's true then imagine someone bribing your science teacher to get a 20/20... What happens? Please give me a good insight on this. Thanks!

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Question about paper 6's for Biology, Chemistry and Phys

Invigilators are selected among our school teachers but are always sent to different centers.
So the invigilator you'll receive will most probably from your home country but he/she won't be your subject teacher.
Usually a 20% mark is scaled and then percentiled after which hardly 5-8% of these marks are actually recorded.
It is possible that even if you are ungraded in practical, you'll receive an overall 'Grade A' and I've seen it in a few cases.

Reaction score

PlanetMaster said:
Usually a 20% mark is scaled and then percentiled after which hardly 5-8% of these marks are actually recorded.
It is possible that even if you are ungraded in practical, you'll receive an overall 'Grade A' and I've seen it in a few cases.

What did that mean? Scaled and percentiled? If i get 20\20 I get 5-8? No idea what you just said sorry :p

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score

So you get 5-8 marks out of 5-8 marks. Meaning that only 5-8% will be included in the 100% percent mark. Clear?