• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Remodelling the XtremePaper's O Level Forum

Reaction score
It's been a fantastic time here. Gifsease, paper discussions, breaking rules, telling each other how we have to do half the syllabus a few hours before the exams, answering each other questions, making fun of each other, ruining threads and mindless trolling. The XtremePapers Community has been brilliant for me - and the members have helped me alot during the exams (though I responded that with trolls).

In that regards, I have kind of always wanted some organized threads for each and every subject here that would contain everything. (Kind of like Enferno's thread - click here to access it). Generally, it would fit to have this in the start of the doubt section of each subject but since we have had long comments and stuff (and we need one thread) - I think it's better to have new threads.

NOTE: Mods; not asking you to sticky every thread. Once all is made, I'll make a thread which contains link to each thread (along with the Doubts thread and other threads of that subject) - just sticky that IF this is a success (which is a long shot).

I need the support of everyone here - just help out in whatever way you can. Current O Level students and A Level students, both are needed. I would like the people who have given Pak Studies and Islamiat only to help us too - since there is a new syllabus coming for History I heard which I am not quite sure about. Incase any teacher or somebody would like to help, most welcome.

Below is a basic outline what each thread should have:
  1. Past Papers (muhammadali233 has done a fine job of compiling all of this - just needs to be updated. So I don't really need much help here).
  2. Notes (I think we may well have to scrap off this section due to lack of content - but we should have this IMO - would need some digging.. Everybody just upload your notes (then delete tehm) and I'll make one gigantic .rar file for each subject or partition it. We can just use the whole of robinhoodmustafa 's thread [with his consent])
  3. Basic Outline regarding the subject (what it contains, how tough is it, probably some counseling tips too - I can do that alone if no one wants to help).
  4. Exam Tips/Normal Tips (Need everyone's help here - just tell on how to ace the subject, how to study it etc)
  5. Toughest Questions (Basically, topic by topic tough past paper questions regarding each topic)
(Incase anyone has any other thing to add to this - kindly mention in the comments).
Along with that, probably a normal thread about the O Levels - what subjects are the best etc. Though IMO Enferno's and 1-2 other threads already served the purpose. Right now, the subjects I have planned to include are:
  • Biology (5090)
  • Physics (5054)
  • Chemistry (5070)
  • Mathematics (4024)
  • English Language (1123)
  • Urdu (First and Second Language) (3247/3248)
  • Islamiyat (2058)
  • Pakistan Studies (2059)
Other subjects can be added by those who study them - but since I don't - I don't think I can help much. Incase you want any subject, just ask for it in the comments (but you would need to contribute).

P.S. I would like if we added the Business subjects atleast to this - anyone active here willing to contribute?

I want this to be structured out and completed hopefully by 11th of June. Whoever contributes the most towards a particular subject, makes it's thread (Has to be organized, neat and tidy).

It's a noble step - and one that may well be appreciated by many people after us. While most of these steps have been taken already, they look scattered to me - what I basically want is to put everything in one place and add content to it to make it better. Once we have set it up, future O Level can come and keep updating it and keeping it going.

For now, just comment below if you are helping and how. After two days, we'll start delegating tasks. Hopefully everyone helps.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's been a fantastic time here. Gifsease, paper discussions, breaking rules, telling each other how we have to do half the syllabus a few hours before the exams, answering each other questions, making fun of each other, ruining threads and mindless trolling. The XtremePapers Community has been brilliant for me - and the members have helped me alot during the exams (though I responded that with trolls).

In that regards, I have kind of always wanted some organized threads for each and every subject here that would contain everything. (Kind of like Enferno's thread - click here to access it). Generally, it would fit to have this in the start of the doubt section of each subject but since we have had long comments and stuff (and we need one thread) - I think it's better to have new threads.

NOTE: Mods; not asking you to sticky every thread. Once all is made, I'll make a thread which contains link to each thread (along with the Doubts thread and other threads of that subject) - just sticky that IF this is a success (which is a long shot).

I need the support of everyone here - just help out in whatever way you can. Current O Level students and A Level students, both are needed. I would like the people who have given Pak Studies and Islamiat only to help us too - since there is a new syllabus coming for History I heard which I am not quite sure about. Incase any teacher or somebody would like to help, most welcome.

Below is a basic outline what each thread should have:
  1. Past Papers (muhammadali233 has done a fine job of compiling all of this - just needs to be updated. So I don't really need much help here).
  2. Notes (I think we may well have to scrap off this section due to lack of content - but we should have this IMO - would need some digging.. Everybody just upload your notes (then delete tehm) and I'll make one gigantic .rar file for each subject or partition it. We can just use the whole of robinhoodmustafa 's thread [with his consent])
  3. Basic Outline regarding the subject (what it contains, how tough is it, probably some counseling tips too - I can do that alone if no one wants to help).
  4. Exam Tips/Normal Tips (Need everyone's help here - just tell on how to ace the subject, how to study it etc)
  5. Toughest Questions (Basically, topic by topic tough past paper questions regarding each topic)
(Incase anyone has any other thing to add to this - kindly mention in the comments).
Along with that, probably a normal thread about the O Levels - what subjects are the best etc. Though IMO Enferno's and 1-2 other threads already served the purpose. Right now, the subjects I have planned to include are:
  • Biology (5090)
  • Physics (5054)
  • Chemistry (5070)
  • Mathematics (4024)
  • English Language (1123)
  • Urdu (First and Second Language) (3247/3248)
  • Islamiyat (2058)
  • Pakistan Studies (2059)
Other subjects can be added by those who study them - but since I don't - I don't think I can help much. Incase you want any subject, just ask for it in the comments (but you would need to contribute).

I want this to be structured out and completed hopefully by 11th of June. Whoever contributes the most towards a particular subject, makes it's thread (Has to be organized, neat and tidy).

It's a noble step - and one that may well be appreciated by many people after us. While most of these steps have been taken already, they look scattered to me - what I basically want is to put everything in one place and add content to it to make it better. Once we have set it up, future O Level can come and keep updating it and keeping it going.

For now, just comment below if you are helping and how. After two days, we'll start delegating tasks. Hopefully everyone helps.
Hey I have made a thread for Hardest Questions (the link is in my signature)
In addition to this, shoaib672002 has made an amazing organized thread like you mentioned for IGCSE.

Reaction score
Hey I have made a thread for Hardest Questions (the link is in my signature)
In addition to this, shoaib672002 has made an amazing organized thread like you mentioned for IGCSE.
Thanks for the tag Awesome12

I suddenly feel like those youtubers(v sauce , crashcourse , minute physics )guys who rule the youtube with the educational stuff :p

Reaction score
There's one thing I want to clear here. Do not steal notes from teachers and post them here (unless they allow). Last thing I want to redistribute notes and such things with the maker not pleased about it. Incase the teacher has told you that it's ok - then do ask if they want credits or anything. I'll be happy to link everyone.

Reaction score
Hey I have a really good idea.
How about we post lecture videos over here
I have helped many people (particularly in the IGCSE thread), and one of the things that i saw was that they did know the basic concepts, and how to apply them. The same applied to the O Level section as well. Then solving queries by typing is very time-consuming, and it takes time to be understood. It is also not that user-friendly. So if we can post lecture videos over here, or at least explain the concepts on an online whiteboard and then post it here, it will really help them :)

Reaction score
Hey I have a really good idea.
How about we post lecture videos over here
I have helped many people (particularly in the IGCSE thread), and one of the things that i saw was that they did know the basic concepts, and how to apply them. The same applied to the O Level section as well. Then solving queries by typing is very time-consuming, and it takes time to be understood. It is also not that user-friendly. So if we can post lecture videos over here, or at least explain the concepts on an online whiteboard and then post it here, it will really help them :)

That looks good. But we'll need plenty of volunteers for that.

Reaction score
That looks good. But we'll need plenty of volunteers for that.
I was thinking of this plan for quite some time (influenced by Khan Academy) and thought of setting up a website for such videos. I haven't actually seen any website that explains the syllabus of only O Level specifically, so yes our videos could become popular. We could set up advertisements and earn some money (although i would prefer completely free education, with no disruption whatsoever). However, i did not have much info. about the domain...
About volunteers, yes that could be a challenge, but I hope people do understand that by helping others, they are helping themselves.

Reaction score
I was thinking of this plan for quite some time (influenced by Khan Academy) and thought of setting up a website for such videos. I haven't actually seen any website that explains the syllabus of only O Level specifically, so yes our videos could become popular. We could set up advertisements and earn some money (although i would prefer completely free education, with no disruption whatsoever). However, i did not have much info. about the domain...
About volunteers, yes that could be a challenge, but I hope people do understand that by helping others, they are helping themselves.

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves at the moment at the thought of the idea. Just keep the feet grounded and get this running with the basic ideas. We'll add more stuff once we actually get it started and have made the docs.

Reaction score
giphy.gif

A man sees what he wants to see. It's a fault in you bro.
45.gif