• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

SAT scores for MIT and HARVARD ?

Reaction score
SAT scores are not the only criteria for admission. You are not guaranteed admission even if you have perfect scores.

Reaction score
How many scores are needed in SAT 1 ANd SAT 2 to be capable for full financial aid for MIT and harvard university? :)

I completely agree with Glaedr93. If you have visited mit and harvard admission websites, you would have noticed that they receive about 3000 international applicants, and only about 150 of them get in. All those candidates have achieved amazing scores on their SATs and SAT IIs but no one can guarantee you the admission. The selectors consider the application as a whole. They look for amazing personal statement that show your passion for the course, as well as strong teacher recommendations.
Good Luck though!! But still if you are considered about the scores follow the link below to the collegeboard websites specifying any details you might look for:

FOR MIT: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/...of-technology?searchType=bf_site&q=&bf_cat=bf_
FOR HARVARD: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/...rvard-college?searchType=bf_site&q=&bf_cat=bf_

Click on the applying section the right side, and then scroll down and click on SAT&ACT scores, to receive statistics for AVERAGE scores of the applicants (not necessarily the accepted candidates)

And yeah, scholarships are really hard to acheive particularly in these two colleges.

Reaction score
Ah, no, the criterion for Scholarships is only Need. All Aid is Need-Based. Your scores have nothing to do with it. Once you get in, they calculate your paying abilities and offer you a package to fill the gap. The important thing is GETTING IN. Good Luck (But then, I don't believe in luck. So, perhaps, All the Best) for whoever's applying.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I know a student who got into Harvard.
SAT II - 2330
SAT I - 2290 or smth.
But then, of course, SAT is not the only thing that matters.

Reaction score
the total scores from your math and verbal section should be over 1200 to give you a slot in a good university/college in the states. Just a general value, not too sure about harvard by the way

Reaction score
the total scores from your math and verbal section should be over 1200 to give you a slot in a good university/
I completely agree with Glaedr93. If you have visited mit and harvard admission websites, you would have noticed that they receive about 3000 international applicants, and only about 150 of them get in. All those candidates have achieved amazing scores on their SATs and SAT IIs but no one can guarantee you the admission. The selectors consider the application as a whole. They look for amazing personal statement that show your passion for the course, as well as strong teacher recommendations.
Good Luck though!! But still if you are considered about the scores follow the link below to the collegeboard websites specifying any details you might look for:

FOR MIT: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/...of-technology?searchType=bf_site&q=&bf_cat=bf_
FOR HARVARD: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/...rvard-college?searchType=bf_site&q=&bf_cat=bf_

Click on the applying section the right side, and then scroll down and click on SAT&ACT scores, to receive statistics for AVERAGE scores of the applicants (not necessarily the accepted candidates)

And yeah, scholarships are really hard to acheive particularly in these two colleges.

in the states. Just a general value, not too sure about harvard by the way
Thank you so much every one ..Actually there are many lucky people including my friend who have been given an extraordinary opportunity for stuyding in HArvard.. At least i can try to be one of them !!! Other than that, can anyone tell me what kind of extra-cirricular activities they like and how different they want you to be from an ordinary person? MIT selectors have mentioned on website " Do what you are passionate about" So how much it accounts for admission in these splendid universities?

Reaction score
Thank you so much every one ..Actually there are many lucky people including my friend who have been given an extraordinary opportunity for stuyding in HArvard.. At least i can try to be one of them !!! Other than that, can anyone tell me what kind of extra-cirricular activities they like and how different they want you to be from an ordinary person? MIT selectors have mentioned on website " Do what you are passionate about" So how much it accounts for admission in these splendid universities?

hassan100 : Dude I like the way you used "ordinary person" :D They probably just want to see your passion for the course and any work experience like Voluntary service, internship and stuff like that. Hope I helped in some way.

Reaction score
Well, a competitive applicant has the following:
SAT I: 2150+(All 700+ look good, and a perfect score is impressive but it is no sure entry)
SAT II: 2400, because the curves are really lenient.
A few national and international awards.
Moving essays.
A commitment to some field.
Good grades(A's for the four years of high school)
Voluntary service, summer programs and internships do help too.

Reaction score
what
Well, a competitive applicant has the following:
SAT I: 2150+(All 700+ look good, and a perfect score is impressive but it is no sure entry)
SAT II: 2400, because the curves are really lenient.
A few national and international awards.
Moving essays.
A commitment to some field.
Good grades(A's for the four years of high school)
Voluntary service, summer programs and internships do help too.
what type of national and international awards? any examples

Reaction score
Hey Hassan.
Like writing contest winner.
MUN Best delegate.
Spelling champ.
You get the drift?