• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

SATs vs A2. Confused! Please help!

Reaction score
Hi. I'm currently taking my Biology AS-Level exams, and going to take Physics and Chemistry AS exams in May/June (actually because of a medical condition, I had to withdraw from physics and chemistry for this october/november session, and they are either going to refund the exam fees or postpone it for me to may/june 2017. Most probably the latter, so I don't really have a choice but to take the exams if that's how its going to be).
I am willing to study SATs (1 and 2) on my own. Now my question is if I should either start A2-level while preparing for AS Physics and Chemistry exams, or do SATs instead? The university that I will be applying to accepts both A-levels and SATs but I feel like getting As in A-levels is much harder than getting a good score in SATs.
To get into the university that I want, I need a score of 1200 in SAT 1 and 650 for 2 subject tests in SAT 2, but for a scholarship it is 1400 and 700 for 2 subject tests and I really want to get the scholarship. Is it possible to prepare for both SAT 1 and 2 ( biology and chemistry subject tests) in about 5 months (and take them in may and june) while also preparing for AS exams?
I don't know much about SATs. I have a friend who has just taken her SAT 1 exam and she says it's going to be really hard to study for SAT 1 and 2 and AS subjects side by side, and I would probably end up not getting a high score in SATs. Also, where I'm schooling, we don't have good facilities for A-levels. I urgently need to decide. So pleeease, I would appreciate it if anyone could help.

Last edited:
Reaction score
FYI, alevels are considered very much for usa and if you have bad alevels but good sats( because alevels show that you can handle pressure and study well in school, because alevels show universities your recent work and effort, and they will base your admission on that) , you still wont have chances at ivies, or top 20s.

My advice is focus on alevels, do sat in summer or over christmas. Smash alevels.