• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

stuck in the middle

Reaction score
hey guys!
okay i got 3A and 1b
in my AS result
i thought it was good but now my cousins in pakistan have me all tensed up that it will be really hard for me to get a seat in a government medical college.is that true??
my subjects were bio.math.physics.and chemistry i got a B in physics
should i repeat physics?? and wat are the chances that i'll get an A this time ?? are they b8r than last time?
and yeah can i get an A* in physics with a B in AS if i work hard next year?
yeah thatx about it ! lol ! i knw im chatterbox
anywy i'd be really gr8ful for any help
thnx

Reaction score
im *a chatterbox

god u can see im going completely bonkers with worry i can't even write right anymore

o_O

Reaction score
i wud suggest u repeat physics to get an A* cuz this will increase ur chances of getting admission in medical univs. and keep 1 thing in mind, the admission mostly depends upon ur MCAT. so u need to ace it.

Reaction score
ok
and do i have a good chance of getting inside a GOVERNMENT medical college in pakistan preferably punjab
i mean i have heard a lot of people say that usually students doing A LEVELS don't get seats there they have to go for private colleges.is that true??am i just wasting my time trying ?because i heard -and im not sure how reliable this information is- that NO A LEVEL STUDENTS GOT ACCEPTED IN GOVERNMENT UNI-S last year......

Reaction score
wasting ur time trying? indeed not! u always get reward for ur hard work in 1 form or another...
yes u do have a good chance if u score atleast 2 A*s and 1 A. and also work hard to ace that MCAT.
nd i have also heard about that last year. this was due to a mishap that took place with A levels students. hopefully this time the result would b much better!

Reaction score
i was going to stop trying to get a seat in a government medical college in pakistan! not stop altogether!!
the requirements elsewhere are VERY different
universities [medical] hve started with this new 'rule' chem and math is compulsory.bio is not that important.bcz even doctors.nowadays have to go thru a lot of calculations

Reaction score
that's what i heard.you can check for yourself.all the universities have their websites,you know
pakistan has totally different requirements.bio.chem.phy
but I'M sure that univers in canada and egypt take madical students with math.bio.chem.....why pakistan insists we keep and get great marks in physics.i'll never understand.we don't really need it

Reaction score
owh u said "elsewhere" i didnt notice that sorry my bad. so yes, pak requirements are the same.
nd dude, studying abroad and in pak, are two different things. u can have very vast number of combinations in A levels if ur sure ur going abroad. but in pak, vr bound with this system. though it sucks, but nothing can be done...!

Reaction score
i know there's nothing we can do about it!! anywy i really want to come back and study in pakistan.when our country has great univers why should we go abroad and give others our money !!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Ftk 93 said:
why should we go abroad and give others our money !!
We need people like u in our country....but let us all pray that may Allah make our country a better place to live and fulfil the purpose of its creation!!Aameen!!