• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Subjects required for software engineering

Reaction score
Alright I was wondering if someone could confirm what subjects i should be taking in A levels for getting into software engineering.
Also is it really important for me to take chem along with my subjects of Math, phys and computer science?

Reaction score
Do we need science subs for computer software feilds ?? In Igcse and a levels ???

Reaction score
Check the requirements for the university you want to apply for, but absolutely do not skip out on Chemistry. I'm not exactly sure if Math, Physics and Computer Science is an actual subject combination on which you can get the IBCC equivalence but you can get admission into any computer related engineering without having taken Computer Science. And besides, you don't actually learn anything related to Software Engineering. In AS at least, you'll just be doing very basic algorithms in Visual Basic, while most of the syllabus is just theory.