• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The lost art of letter writing

Do you think the lost art of letter writing deserves to be revived?

• Total voters
Reaction score
My team would be opposing the topic "The art of letter writing deserves to be revived"
But please do vote your opinions and also comment on why you did so..

Your help would be greatly appreciated!
debates?

yeah it should be revived bcz:
it shows ur concern/love/care for the person u are writing it for...

Reactions: omg
Reaction score
debates?

There is no need of revival of a tradition that is neither effective nor time savy
The technological changes and the fast "result demanding" world won't find the revival of letter writing handy and it won't earn any revenue or profit to the owners of the business and will forever remain shunted in a corner ,...probably at waste
Now...it does no harm if revived maybe it is suitable in areas lacking Internet facilities to send e mails etc but that is conditional.

It is said "our traditions should be revived not forgotten" ..well..I better suggest that quote suits well in the museums..so increase the tradition values in the museums so that people don't forget atleast.

And maybe we haven't noticed that the emails (formal ones) we send r almost of the same format as the letters so...it's tactless to say that the tradition has been forgotten completely.

The showing of love and concern and care is possible through emails too....maybe the late arriving time of the letter seems more romantic but today's world is realistic...the next generation alpha won't expect wasting time on little things which is a lot easier when u have the Internet.

Reaction score
Do u want me to refute my a ove statement :p
I can do that....but this topic has a big hole in it
Coz the art hasn't been lost ...it is still alive..so why say "revival"
It's a wrong word

Reaction score
Do u want me to refute my a ove statement :p
I can do that....but this topic has a big hole in it
Coz the art hasn't been lost ...it is still alive..so why say "revival"
It's a wrong word
you are ryt...i agree with you...

Reaction score
S
hellcat
i dont get one thing....does she mean.....we need to talk that it shud not be revived....

i guess....u shd...
he is opposing..it's revival
So I guess if Thanzeela asks for the refuting points I can give them so she has a clear idea about the attacks she can expect
Btw
The opposing side already has 20% logic advantage .....the rest is in the above statement and confidence and presentation of the debater
:)

Reaction score
In my opinion,The art of letter writing doesn't really need to be revived. Emails are written in the same format as hand-written letters.
E-mails are a lot quicker too.

Reaction score
Aao
hmmm well though i do believe it should be revived, since ure opposing the topic i will Inshallah try to give some points:
1. New methods of communication internet, phones etc
2. Less Faesible and timely/costly
3. Slow process.....SNAIL MAIL! :p
I really cant think now but i will get back to u with more inshallah
My key to debating is to add a mixture of humour and a convincing tone so even if ure arguments are weak ure style can get ure point through to the opposition

Reaction score
Aao
hmmm well though i do believe it should be revived, since ure opposing the topic i will Inshallah try to give some points:
1. New methods of communication internet, phones etc
2. Less Faesible and timely/costly
3. Slow process.....SNAIL MAIL! :p
I really cant think now but i will get back to u with more inshallah
My key to debating is to add a mixture of humour and a convincing tone so even if ure arguments are weak ure style can get ure point through to the opposition
jazakAllah Khair , hoping to hear from you soon, and it would of great help if you could assist us as to how we could add humor and more solid facts into this opiniated topic :)

Reaction score
It is said "our traditions should be revived not forgotten" ..well..I better suggest that quote suits well in the museums..so increase the tradition values in the museums so that people don't forget atleast.
^I didn't understand that.. could you explain it a bit more?

JazakAllah Khair for the reply!

Reaction score
Letters are so much more personalized than emails can ever be. Even simple things like an ink blot can hold significance for the reader. The excitement of receiving a letter can never match that of receiving an email.
Any point to rebuttal that?

debates?

How doesn't a letter through an email show that?

Reaction score
Myste Rious , ZaMiN RaZa , aalmuhannadi Could you explain why you think that the art of letter writing deserves to be revived?

Well I just think that there the feeling of getting an email is not as great as when you receive a letter, open it and read it yourself. One which has been handwritten, where the handwriting of the recipient tells you a lot about them. The type of paper, whether it be brand new or crumpled up and musty also has an effect on the receiver. I personally think that I'm not as creative when I write on my computer as when I write on paper. It's just such a novelty and tradition that I hope is never forgotten!
As Curnow put it in his poem 'Country School': "O sweet antiquity!"