• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What A level subjects should i take?

Reaction score
So i wanna either become an accountant or an actuarial so i was planning on taking maths,statistics,accounting and economics. but everyone on the internet keeps saying that a level accounting is considered a "soft" subject by universities and that instead of accounting i should one other subject like physics or chemistry or ict. so please tell me which subjects should i really take.

Reaction score
So i wanna either become an accountant or an actuarial so i was planning on taking maths,statistics,accounting and economics. but everyone on the internet keeps saying that a level accounting is considered a "soft" subject by universities and that instead of accounting i should one other subject like physics or chemistry or ict. so please tell me which subjects should i really take.
The thing is that if you are completely sure you want to persue accounting, then take accounting. For aeronautical engineering physics and maths are a compulsion.
So for a basic start physic,maths and accounting have to be taken.
Along with these 3 take at least one or two more subjects for more expansion in other fields. So choose from the following:
Computing(do not take it up if not to persue any IT related field)
Economics
Chemistry
Further Maths
Psychology(take it up in AS and give the paper. Not for A2)
Statistics(take it up in AS and give the paper. Not for A2)

I recommend
Statistics and Further Maths(highly recommended)
OR
Economics and Statistics(highly recommended)
Or
Chemistry and Statistics

If you can handle pressure then:
Economics and Further Maths(highly recommended)
OR
Further Maths and Chemistry

Reaction score
Which subjects should i choose in Alevels if i have to do CA in future?
Did you do O levels in Science or in Business?

If Science, then
Physics,Chemisty,Mathematics,Accounting/Economics - If unsure of CA
Refer to Business section if sure of CA

If Business, then
Economics,Accounting,Mathematics and maybe a social science(Sociology/Psychology/English Literature) - Sure of CA
Economics,Accounting,Mathematics,Computer Science(will add extra points due to IT skill in work place) - Sure of CA

Do not take Business Studies along with Economics as it reduces the credits of the subject(from 3 to 1.5)

Last edited: