• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What A'levels subjects should i take if i want to study engineering?

Reaction score
Which subjects should i take? So that i could get admission in a good uni like imperial college london....

Reaction score
For engineering...you may take Physics, Chem, Maths, English.
You could take ICT too :)

Reaction score
Don't take ICT as another user suggested. Top UK Unis such as Imperial HATE bullshit subjects such as ICT and Thinking Skills; most don't even recognise them.

The BEST combination for top Uni like Cambridge and Imperial for Engineering are as follows: Maths, Further Maths (seriously), Physics, and then one other subject you actually enjoy (it could even be History!). But, you should note that whilst Further Maths is highly preferable by top Unis, a lot of them see Further and regular Maths as the same subject. As a result, you'll need to take 4 A2's (including Maths and Further Maths). But, with a combination of Maths, Further Maths and Physics you'll have a good chance at getting an offer.

Good luck!